PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

chromelure
04-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Hi, from Missouri, I'm glad to be part of this group. I listen a lot but don't speak much. Maybe I can get a chance to get to know some of you in time.

Brasscatz
04-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Well we're glad to have you! What part of Missouri? I lived outside of Kansas City from '89-'94

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

chromelure
04-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Raymore. Not a lot of wheeling close to us here.

4.3LXJ
04-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Greetings Steve from CA

HeartTheft
04-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Salutations from Utah! Glad to have you, looking forward to pictures of your whip!

NW99XJ
04-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Hi, from Missouri, I'm glad to be part of this group. I listen a lot but don't speak much. Maybe I can get a chance to get to know some of you in time.
Dont be affraid to speak up...
No such thing as a stupid question here, we're all here to help.
Glad you found us, and regardless of where your jeep is in its life, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.
Hope to hear more about you and your jeep in the coming months!

Dont forget about our podcast!..... Myself and the owner of the site have put together a show all about Jeeps, the Cherokee, and offroading....
We have a lot fo fun, and there's always some good tech, and a fair amount of entertainment as well.
We record the show LIVE every Thursday 10pm central for all to see on the XJ Talk Youtube Channel, (https://www.youtube.com/user/xjTalk)
Then release the show as a podcast (without all the behind the scenes stuff) on Mondays.
The whole show's archive can be heard, and downloaded for FREE on XJTalkshow.com (http://www.xjtalkshow.com/)
Hope you join in on the fun!

runnerswife
04-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the group!

abebehrmann
04-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Welcome from Florida! (Previously from STL) I only have one question: Oklahoma Joe's or Arthur Bryant's?

XJ Wheeler
04-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the site Steve! By the sound of your rigs stats it would be awesome to get some pics of the beast! Also, i see you're into RC crawling. There's a few crawler/scalers here, myself included. I even have a build thread for my CC-01. :D

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

chromelure
04-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Welcome from Florida! (Previously from STL) I only have one question: Oklahoma Joe's or Arthur Bryant's?

Only way to answer that is; "Jack Stack"
There are so many options to BBQ here that I never get tired of trying new stuff.

chromelure
04-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Here are the pics of the daily driver and the trail rig.

4.3LXJ
04-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Your trail rig looks good to go Steve

NW99XJ
04-03-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm LOVING the exo cage!
Ok....so lets have some stats!...

bluedragon436
04-03-2014, 11:40 AM
:welcome: and those are both very nice looking rigs you have!! And def look forward to seeing some specs and possibly even a build thread on both....

NW99XJ
04-04-2014, 08:37 AM
and def look forward to seeing some specs and possibly even a build thread on both....
^ this!!!! :D

chromelure
04-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Well, on the teal 96, I have a 3"spring lift , Crown stainless braided extended brake lines, Cross Country rock rails, stock skid plates, The complete lower half of the body was shot with Ameriguard (it's like Rhino Lining ). I just took a 6"channel and made a rear bumper and spare tire mount from scrap steel. As far as the motor goes, I put an AFE cold air intake, Performance Distributers Screamin' Deamon High output coil, and 8mm Fire Wires. I replaced the stock muffler and cat with a Flomaster series 40 muffler and Flomaster high flo cat.As far as the motor goes, I believe "Don't mess with a good thing".
I have the philosophy that says, "Run it as it's built until it breaks or can't perform, an then, replace with an upgrade if possible.
The interior is pretty much stock with the exception of the sound system. I put in a Kenwood Am/FM,CD, DVD, Garmin GPS and video input for external game console or media device with a 7" pop-up screen that folds and tucks into the dash when powered down. For sound I have 2 6"Infinity midrange speakers in the front doors with crossovers and separate tweeters. There are 2 8"Infinity Coaxial in the rear soundbar. These are all powered by an Alpine 200 watt amp. There is a 10" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer powered by an Alpine 400 watt mono amp.

chromelure
04-04-2014, 11:00 PM
The Topaz 95 is known as "the Critter", and has a much longer list. The engine is the stock 4.0 with a K&N cold air intake.
The interior has been stripped of all the carpet. I added a Midland CB radio with a duel spring mounted antennas. The center console was removed and replaced with a 50 cal. ammo can for a waterproof storage compartment.
The front and rear bumpers were custom fabed from scrap steel.I added a Smittybuilt 10,000 lb wench. I did find a good deal on a bumper hoop designed for a wrangler. I just incorporated it into the front bumper. I later came across a deal on a spare tire mount from a Humvee and incorporated into the rear bumper.
I had a buddy that parted out his old trail rig and he gave me the exo cage as long as I cut and hauled it myself. I attached it to the bumpers and side rails. It's rough, but it is sturdy.
It has a hand made roof rack and light mount with 2 KC Daylighters.
I cut the front wheel wells and smoothed the wheel wells for clearance. I built the "Trailer" style flat front fenders and welded them in,
The lift is a 6" combination of 4.5"lift leaf springs and extended shackles, with extended coils in front.
It's got Crown braided stainless steel extended brake lines.
Front axel is stock Dana 30 with a LockRite Locker. The rear axel is the Chrysler 8.25 with a spool. I am running the 3.55 gears right now but I have the set of 4.88s and carriers with the 29 spline axels from a 99 Cherokee, which I plan to install if I break the axels I have in it.
It has full belly skid plates from front bumper to rear.
I'm currently running a set of 33" Interco LTBs, but also have a set of 35" Mud Kings.
I still have an intake manifold from a '99 Cherokee and a heavy front Diff cover that I haven't installed.

4.3LXJ
04-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Looks good. And nice score on a free cage