PDA

View Full Version : Welcome JandDGreens!!!

EekGirl96
03-30-2014, 08:08 AM
Hi JandDGreens, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

JandDGreens
03-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Thanks Amber,
I look forward to getting to know people on this site.
I have a 91 XJ I have many things I want to do and am in the process of doing. Here are a couple of photos of my rig.

4.3LXJ
03-30-2014, 10:15 AM
Nice looking XJ there Dave

XJ Wheeler
03-30-2014, 08:07 PM
X2 You are gonna make a few people jealous with that sweet two door.

Welcome to the site.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

JandDGreens
03-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Thanks guys, I have seen a lot of nice XJ's that make mine look rather tame. I have only gone wheeling with it a hand full of times. The first thing I had to change was the tires. The gearing really did not roll the 33" at all. So I changed to 31" KTM2's. Now I am in the middle of swapping in my son axles from an automatic XJ to get the Chrysler 8.25 and 3.55 gears. Should make quit a difference. While I am at it I am changing the Brake booster out and putting extended brake lines. Trying to get it ready for the spring thaw up in those Rockies!!!

Anyways I will have to start a thread of some of the things we have done over the few years we have owned our XJ's. Take care and TREAD SOFTLY :D

XJ Wheeler
03-30-2014, 11:27 PM
Where about in Colorado? Used to live there for a short while.

EekGirl96
03-31-2014, 09:01 AM
Yes, very jealous of your two door....definitely a good looking XJ!!!

JandDGreens
03-31-2014, 10:52 AM
I live in Englewood, south suburb of Denver. We are about a 40 minute drive to the closer trails. Just a mile jog to the highway (285) and I'm off. :bacondance:

bluedragon436
03-31-2014, 11:03 AM
Nice looking 2dr!! I wish my 90 2DR looked that nice... but maybe one day it'll look good again.. Never quite this nice though... The 3.55 gears should def help you out quite a bit, might want to regear at a later date to get even better performance out of the setup with the 33's, but either way 3.55's will def be a help..

JandDGreens
03-31-2014, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the complements. There is so much work to be done on both my XJ and my son's. (I will post a couple photo of his Old XJ in this post now it is a donor vehicle to his new one same color).

Yeah I do plan on re-gearing in the future, but only if I can get enough use out of it. I bought a Ford 8.8 last year but I did not realize just how much it is going to cost me to do the gearing in both axles, SYE, drive shaft, spacers and the list goes on. I want to see how the 3.55's do and if they do well I am going a different route when it comes to the 8.8. It has 3.73 limited slip which is real close to the 3.55's. so if on the highway they do well enough to go back to 33" (I might like it with 31"s though), I will just install the 8.8 and just change the Danna 30 gears with a True-Trac carrier and 3.73's to match the rear. Then if I can afford it in goes the Tera-Flex 4-1 ratio transfer case upgrade for wheeling. The true test is if I can get up in those hill's enough to justify all that $$$$$$.

4.3LXJ
03-31-2014, 08:19 PM
Hey David, is that Colorado in the background there in those pics?

XJ Wheeler
03-31-2014, 08:53 PM
I live in Englewood, south suburb of Denver. We are about a 40 minute drive to the closer trails. Just a mile jog to the highway (285) and I'm off. :bacondance:

I was just a bit south by co springs.

JandDGreens
03-31-2014, 09:03 PM
Yes, That area is between Saint Mary's Glacier and Central City. Easy going on those trails. and very beautiful. My son got me hooked on these XJ's. I look forward to go wheeling this year. I hope my son is not to busy to joint me but when a boy meets a girl everything takes a back seat.

4.3LXJ
03-31-2014, 09:07 PM
Just tell him he can find a girl friend anytime :D