PDA

View Full Version : Welcome OGCollard!!!

cantab27
03-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Hi OGCollard, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

OGCollard
03-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Hello! I just bought my first jeep today! A 2000 Cherokee sport with 194000 miles. It obviously has a few things to fix. Like the door locks as someone tried stealing it a while back before I owned it. Everybody wants a jeep! Mechanically it seems pretty good!

Brasscatz
03-22-2014, 04:53 PM
That's great! congrats on the purchase! Got any pics of the beast?

OGCollard
03-22-2014, 06:33 PM
Here it is. I think body is pretty good for 14 years

Brasscatz
03-22-2014, 07:23 PM
And a BEAUTIFUL red paint job too :D

XJ Wheeler
03-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Welcome to xjtalk and congrats on the ride! Looks pretty clean. If ya have any questions feel free to post em up.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
03-22-2014, 08:13 PM
:welcome: to :xjtalk:

That is a very nice looking Jeep. You will fit right in with the red Jeep crowd here. :D

OGCollard
03-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yeah there are only a couple rust spots and they have not gone through. Biggest thing right now is just getting the locks taken care of and figuring out why the power door locks work sometimes and not others. People thought I was nuts buying a vehicle with so many miles but everything I read said jeep 4.0 liters are good to go!

Brasscatz
03-23-2014, 10:19 AM
The lock switch could be going out. Is the problem isolated to the driver's door switch? Also, when these Jeeps are taken care of, they'll last for a very long time. I've seen people with 300k miles and easily more on the original motor.. I've got around 216k myself.

OGCollard
03-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Not isolated to the drivers side. Both switches will not work. If it has been sitting a bit they work. After driving for a while is when they stop. I also noticed my jeep shocks me when I get out after driving every time. My first order of business will be replacing tailgate and passenger door lock cylinders. Then I will work on my other two issues later. Power locks are not that important to me if I can manually lock them.

4.3LXJ
03-23-2014, 11:08 AM
That is generally a lubrication problem. You will need to spray some lubricant, not WD40 since it evaporates, into the mechanism at the back of the door. You should also plan on taking the door panel off and spray from the inside and work the lock until it moves easily.

OGCollard
03-23-2014, 04:43 PM
I will do that when I replace the lock cylinder. Thanks for the tip! I do have another question. The tailgate rattles cause it does not close tight enough to not move. I know the arms that hold the tailgate up can't hold it up anymore. When I replace those do they hold it down tight as well as hold it up?

4.3LXJ
03-23-2014, 05:33 PM
No, those struts will not do that. I put some washers under the rubber stops and that helped. New weather stripping would help too