PDA

View Full Version : Rear windshield wiper

Midknight
02-16-2014, 08:58 PM
I noticed tonight my rear windshield wiper was not working, any suggestion on what it could be?

Brasscatz
02-16-2014, 09:19 PM
If you hear the motor working, the teeth on the motor arm could be stripped. If not, it could be the switch, the motor, or a fuse. Check the fuses real quick, if they are good then disconnect the connector from the motor and use a test light. If you're getting power there, then it's probably your motor

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Firemanray
02-16-2014, 09:24 PM
If you hear the motor working, the teeth on the motor arm could be stripped. If not, it could be the switch, the motor, or a fuse. Check the fuses real quick, if they are good then disconnect the connector from the motor and use a test light. If you're getting power there, then it's probably your motor

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

What he said^^^^^^^^!!

jimmixj
02-17-2014, 09:52 AM
I just pulled mine out and put a bolt thru the door. That was 3 lbs of stuff that didn't work anyway and I needed the dash space for light switches! LOL

Midknight
02-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Its nice to have a rear windshield wiper, but I do not really use it much. Since I do have one though, it bugs me that it does not work. I do not know if anyone else feels that way, but if I have it, it has to work

Brasscatz
02-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Mine didn't work for over a year when I bought it. I thought it was the motor and went so far as looking for a good one at the junk yard. Then I decided to get out my test light and found that a fuse was blown. Whew! I love having that rear wiper for when it rains and for off-roading!

Midknight
02-17-2014, 02:35 PM
That feeling you get when it is something cheap like a fuse is PRICELESS

JBone
02-20-2014, 02:10 PM
I recently had a similar issue but my rear wiper AND license plate bulb was out. Ended up being a broken ground at the boot where the wires come from the body to the liftgate.This is common as the wires will get brittle and break from the constant opening and closing the liftgate.