PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Kris_R!!!

Brasscatz
02-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Hi Kris_R, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

Kris_R
02-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Hello! I found this forum through Google, and figured I'd give it a shot. I like that the attitudes you find on the other forums aren't welcome here. I used to have a 98 XJ, which I put a 3" lift with full rear leafs and 31x10.50s on. I was pulling a trailer through the mountains in Pennsylvania, overheated it, and warped the head. The wife decided she'd rather I get a new vehicle instead of fixing it, so I picked up a TJ. I had that for a bit, but her car started to take a crap, so we got her a Liberty. Instead of pulling two car payments, I sold the TJ and got a cheap FWD car. The lack of room, the lack of fun, and the lack of 4X4 in this record-setting Michigan winter made me miserable... so I sold the SVT and bought a 2000 XJ this week! So now I'm looking at going through all of that fun again!

Brasscatz
02-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Hello! I found this forum through Google, and figured I'd give it a shot. I like that the attitudes you find on the other forums aren't welcome here. I used to have a 98 XJ, which I put a 3" lift with full rear leafs and 31x10.50s on. I was pulling a trailer through the mountains in Pennsylvania, overheated it, and warped the head. The wife decided she'd rather I get a new vehicle instead of fixing it, so I picked up a TJ. I had that for a bit, but her car started to take a crap, so we got her a Liberty. Instead of pulling two car payments, I sold the TJ and got a cheap FWD car. The lack of room, the lack of fun, and the lack of 4X4 in this record-setting Michigan winter made me miserable... so I sold the SVT and bought a 2000 XJ this week! So now I'm looking at going through all of that fun again!

Once they go xj, they never go back :D glad ya got another one!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

4.3LXJ
02-14-2014, 10:56 PM
You made the right choice. Nothing like having a Jeep. One thing though. That model year has a weak casting in the head. Not a big deal unless it gets real hot. So keep an eye on the temp gauge.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Kris_R
02-14-2014, 11:00 PM
You made the right choice. Nothing like having a Jeep. One thing though. That model year has a weak casting in the head. Not a big deal unless it gets real hot. So keep an eye on the temp gauge.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yep, I'm very aware of the 0331 head. I've only been driving this one for 4 days, but I've been watching that temperature gauge like a hawk! I may try to find a TUPY head and swap it this summer as preventative maintenance.

Thanks for the heads-up!

XJ Wheeler
02-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on finding your way back with the new purchase.

Now... how come i haven't seen a pic of this new jeep yet?!?! :D

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Kris_R
02-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on finding your way back with the new purchase.

Now... how come i haven't seen a pic of this new jeep yet?!?! :D

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

I'll post pics tomorrow. I want to get the salt cleaned off of it first!