PDA

View Full Version : Antenna linked to headlights?

olibgood
02-08-2014, 08:51 AM
I have just disconnected the power antenna on my 98 xj limited. The antenna was not moving up or down so I plan to replace it, however since disconnecting it I have lost the lights on the speedometer console and the low beam head lights! Does anyone have a clue what is going on or what I can do to fix it. By the way I have removed the old antenna and put a universal power antenna in its place, but connected it up yet as the new one has two wires and the old one had three, I don't know which ones to connect!

Any help would be really great

Thanks

Brasscatz
02-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Check your fuses, you might have blown one or two accidentally

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

olibgood
02-08-2014, 10:08 AM
I've checked all the fuses under the dash and they are fine, if I reconnect old antenna the problem is still there!

Brasscatz
02-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Did you check the fuses and relays under the hood?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

olibgood
02-09-2014, 07:27 AM
I have checked them this morning and found a blown 20a, swapped him and everything is back on again.

I'm still learning my way round things and will definitely check ALL fuses before posting in panic again

Thanks for the advice!

I'm probably going to ditch the new antenna as it looks really cheaply made and feeble, my fault for buying cheap from Ebay.

Brasscatz
02-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Hey no problem. Glad we found the culprit :D You never have to hesitate to post here no matter what the issue you're having :thumbsup:

oderdene
02-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Congrats for solving the issue, nothing wrong here. We all ask and learn from our baby age :D