PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie heat question

ukjon72
02-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Hi all,

i have been looking through the forum posts and see a lot of "no heat" questions and answers.

I have a 99 XJ that i got for my son that has no heat. I have backflushed the heater core and it seems ok and have replaced the t-stat with a new 195. and put in new coolant.

So my question: i have seen a lot of people say to check the heater blend door but i cant seem to find a good post with pictures or step by step on how to do this. there are a couple of vids on youtube for grand cherokees or for companies wanting to sell their "fix"

I dont want to go hacking into the jeep with a Dremel if i am not even sure what part of the plenum i need to access!

any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

Jon
99 jeep cheroke
12 JK

4.3LXJ
02-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Are you getting cold air or no air out the heat duct?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

ukjon72
02-04-2014, 01:45 PM
just cold air and it does move between the vents

4.3LXJ
02-04-2014, 04:28 PM
If it was the earlier xj I could help with that. On those tbe blend
Door is in the housing just ahead of the console
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Brasscatz
02-04-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm having a hard time searching from my phone, but this article may help you out. http://mikestrawbridge.com/blog/2012/11/heater-treater-blend-door-repair/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

JeepFreak
02-04-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm unsure as to what a "blend door" is but I do know that the Heater Selector Valve may be an issue since it has to open up to allow heated coolant in....unless that's the same thing in which case it looks like a small + sign that has 4 hoses attached to it. It also has a vacuum hose on it to allow the door to open. I'll post a picture when I get home as I am currently in my Auto class.