PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello.

gpkidder
01-29-2014, 06:29 PM
I am a 53 yr old male who owns a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport that use to be a State Police Jeep. It has a lot of power and a lot of miles. It has a 4.0 High Output motor in it with size 225/15 inch tires on it that I bought about a month ago. We had a bad ice storm about 3 weeks ago and I was pulling 2 and sometimes 3 trees that were across the road to open it up so others could get through. It pulled like there was no ice on the road but it was even hard to stand up on. My Jeep came with no owners manual so it is hard to figure out the fuses.:headbag:

prerunner1982
01-29-2014, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the group, you will find a lot of good info here. Post any question you may have....there are no stupid questions.

XJ Wheeler
01-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the site! Nice job finding an ex-police cherokee. Post a pic of it when you get a moment, stock or not we like em all.

This site is all about jeeps of course, but respect so you can ask questions all your heart desires. We'll do our best get you the right answer.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
01-29-2014, 08:45 PM
Welcome Greg. XJs are good in snow and with the right tires they will drive almost like on dry pavement

EekGirl96
01-30-2014, 07:53 AM
Like Jake and Jon have said, feel free to ask questions, this is really a no judgement zone.

Post up some pics, we love pics

and ofcourse, welcome to the fun ;)

NW99XJ
01-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Glad you found us.
We have a lot of good people on here who have expertise in all sorts of different areas of the Jeep.
Myself, I have a great deal of experience in mobile electronics, having working in the industry for about a decade.
Here is a diagram of the fuse block under the dash on the drivers side with explanations of the circuits.
http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/512072_cherokee_classic_fuse_box_1.jpg

And here's one for the PDC (Power Distribution Center) under the hood.
https://w05.dealerconnect.chrysler.com/service/mds2002/serviceInfo/en_US/xj605940.gif

gpkidder
01-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks to all. The fuse block is for a XJ Classsic. I need one for the police prep XJ. I read a post that sent me to a library out of my area that had automotive manuals. They had one manual for the XJ police prep. Mine is an old Michigan State Police vehicle, 1996 Jeep Cherokee SPORT. I don't know if the classic is the same. Thanks for the post of the fuse block of the XJ Classic.

NW99XJ
01-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Thanks to all. The fuse block is for a XJ Classsic. I need one for the police prep XJ. I read a post that sent me to a library out of my area that had automotive manuals. They had one manual for the XJ police prep. Mine is an old Michigan State Police vehicle, 1996 Jeep Cherokee SPORT. I don't know if the classic is the same. Thanks for the post of the fuse block of the XJ Classic.

Hmmm... to my knowledge, the police departments buy base model vehicles, and "convert" them with the various lighting, extended idle circuits, and communications gear needed. as well as any detainment outfittings that may or may not be needed. (lexan deviders, handcuff friendly back seats, etc... )

When a service vehicle is retired, it is typically stripped of all police essential/proprietary gear, and auctioned off.
I have had my fair share of both sides of this... the installation of communications and lighting gear, as well as the strip down side of it all.
(not on XJ's - but the rules have applied across various vehicles)

So i'm not sure that there is going to be much "public" information as to specific circuitry that was service vehicle specific, as most of that should have been removed when the vehicle was retired.

Is there something specific you're looking for?