PDA

View Full Version : Welcome OldFaurt!!!

4.3LXJ
01-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Hi OldFaurt, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

OldFaurt
01-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Thanks,
I listened to your podcast today and heard some folks live here in Katy as well!
I am picking up my first jeep in MANY years, this Saturday. It's a 92 with a broken transfer case rear extension. I am very jazzed about getting a jeep! wish me luck!

4.3LXJ
01-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Yeppers, lots of folks on this forum in your area

OldFaurt
01-09-2014, 09:29 PM
That works for me! I like outdoorsy people!
I don't know much about off roading here in Texas, Grew up in northern Cali in the redwoods!
I will enjoy meet them! I will know more about my NEW jeep this Saturday, Wish me luck getting it home!

4.3LXJ
01-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Yes good luck on that. Transfercases are not expensive at the pick and pull or you can do a tail housing upgrade with a slip yoke eliminator if you plan to lift it

OldFaurt
01-09-2014, 10:00 PM
I plan on doing a SYE on it, already has a mild lift, 32' All terrain ATs, etc.

OldFaurt
01-09-2014, 10:18 PM
It's nice to meet you all,
I am almost a Jeep owner:bacondance:
After sliding down 290 on my face and scratching my bike, I decided frozen morning's going to work... Well ... SUCK! So I went looking for a fun vehicle I could enjoy/wrench on. Found a nice candidate and plan on going nuts on it!

I would enjoy meeting some local people to find out where the best bone yards are. I like used stuff when I can get it. Do my own Electronics, have rebuilt engines, transmissions, etc.
With that said, After I bring her home, I will post specs. and pics.

Now, lets all go down to NL for a :beer:!

XJ Wheeler
01-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Hey Bob, welcome to xjtalk from conroe. There's quite a bit of members on here in the Houston area... the guy who runs this site (Mudderoy) actually lives in Katy too.

There a few off road parks in the area, mostly toward the north side though with one in crosby and i believe one in alvin. Sadly I've never been to any of them yet but others on here have. In the immediate area is mostly mud... If you want rocks you're gonna have to head north to huntsville to Texas Off Road Ranch.

For parts the yards i know about are on 249 a few miles off 45, been to one there that's pretty reasonable.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Brasscatz
01-10-2014, 07:35 AM
Welcome! I'm not too far from you, I'm close to the Willowbrook area. Love to have you come out wheeling with us when you get setup.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

xj-jake
01-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Welcome to the forum!! There's lots of good guys with lots of good advice on here that are eager to help. How bout some pics of the new jeep?

EekGirl96
01-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard!!! Can't wait to see some pics of you jeep, like Jake said, there are plenty of knowledgeable folks on here so don't be afraid to ask questions!!!

OldFaurt
01-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Good Morning & thanks for the info, XJ Wheeler,
The rig has a broken rear drive line, so I am looking for a serviceable rear extension housing. I haven't been 4 wheeling for about 30 years, so I am starting from scratch.
I am a podcast junkie. and found the XJ talk show & when they mentioned Katy, I knew it would be good!

OldFaurt
01-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Well, I have to get my rig together first.
I can't tell you how excited I am to be wrenching on a rig again!
Grease under the finger nails is a badge of Honor!

OldFaurt
01-11-2014, 08:36 AM
I have to limp it home first.
Rear output on Transfer case is broke and need to find an extension or means to keep fluid in it. Then I can drive it home and let the carnage begin! I am so Excited!

OldFaurt
01-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Know anybody with a good rear extension for a NP231 for sale locally in Katy Texas or I got to get a big cork! Good Morning to all!

Brasscatz
01-11-2014, 10:09 AM
I would suggest checking out the junk yard for that. There's one off 249. Not too far from 45 that usually has a decent selection

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

XJ Wheeler
01-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Yep, junkyard is gonna be your cheapest and probably quickest way. One dilemma is the junkyards around here are kind of limited with 2wd's. There is usually a couple 4wd's but you also need to make sure you get the right transfer case. Do you have the 231 or 242?

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

OldFaurt
01-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Hi,
I am still trying to get the pic ready...
Ah here is one!http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z367/weirdshots/MyJeep_sm.jpg