PDA

View Full Version : Wanna go bigger

93xj97347
01-06-2014, 10:38 PM
whats the biggest lift anyone has done here on xjtalk? im sitting at 6.5 short arm right now and want to go bigger. thinking 9" or 10". i know i would need to change to a long arm setup. looking at a dana 30 axle truss and it raises the coil mount 1" and there 8" springs. mostly looking for pics and parts list.

4.3LXJ
01-06-2014, 10:43 PM
I think I am the tallest at 8". You will need to do something with your steering since the tie rod ends won't take more than 6.5". I have a high steer, which isn't cheap. But I think above 8" you are better off using leaf springs instead of long arms

93xj97347
01-06-2014, 11:26 PM
i already have iro otk steering setup to fix all the death wobble i had. im wanting to stay with coils because i dont have a place to do fab work

4.3LXJ
01-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Well then you can do it. I can't remember who makes coils that tall. You might have to use some spacers on the coils and some blocks in the back.

GetRstuck
01-13-2014, 03:12 PM
XJ looks good from your profile. I would start fender triming or replacing. the low the center of gravity is the better.

cantab27
01-13-2014, 06:57 PM
if ya go up ya gotta go out as well....:rolleye0012:

Firemanray
01-13-2014, 09:20 PM
With that kind of lift you should just 4 link the rear and put coilovers all the way around. That would be really cool!!!

Hopkins
01-14-2014, 07:07 AM
How big of tires do you want to run?

You can run 37s with an 8 inch lift and proper trimming, but I would say 37s is the absolute max tire size I would run on factory axles and that's with chromo shafts and trusses. Prob wouldn't hurt to gusset and sleeve either. With the axles built correctly I think they could handle 37s without too much carnage as long as you had a stock motor and were smart with the skinny pedal.

Anything bigger and your going to need stronger axles, and at that point full width axles are gonna do the job better anyhow. They would be a much more stable base with that high of a lift.

If your dead set on 10 inches of lift, an 8 inch lift plus shackle relocation brackets in the rear and coil spacers up front will get you there.

93xj97347
01-14-2014, 07:55 PM
im wanting to stay with the same size tire. im just wanting to go bigger to get more flex without butchering the fenders and help with the weight of the bumpers and cage i plan on building. i cant go any wider unless i go to wider axles. im sticking 4" out past the fenders already. i do plan on putting trusses on the front and rear. after looking around i think i want to try to 4 link the rear. i might go full width if i ever get my s10 done and can buy a tow rig to tow it with

93xj97347
01-14-2014, 08:10 PM
im wanting to stay with the same size tire. im wanting to go bigger to get more flex without butchering the fenders and help with the weight of the bumpers and cage i plan on building. i cant go any wider unless i go to fullsize axles. im sticking 4" out past the fenders already. i do plan on putting trusses on the front and rear. IRO has 8" coils im thinking about getting for the front and there truss for the dana 30 front raises the coil pad 1". after looking around i think i want to try to 4 link the rear. i think my biggest problem is gona be driveline angles. i might go full width if i ever get my s10 done and can buy a tow rig to tow the xj with