PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone verify this?

07Negative
01-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Last night while hanging out with some wheeling buddies. The topic of heim joints came up. I stated how I got RuffStuff heim's & one guy chims in & said they're made in China. Since they are closed. I was wondering if any one knows for sure that RS heim joints are made in China?

07Negative
01-06-2014, 01:16 PM
So I called RuffStuff this morning. It is fact they out source their Heim joints. reason being. There are 4 major bearing companies out there. They just so happen to be over seas. Cryro treating and all are done over seas. The gentleman told me that RS gives them the specs they want. The manufacturer does as requested and RS will still warranty and defects. But their steel is USA.

NW99XJ
01-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Good to know.
Thanks for doing the research.

4.3LXJ
01-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Another thing about rod end companies. I found out when trying to order in quantity that all rod end runs are done in quantities of 50K units. So if you get a back order, that is why.

07Negative
01-06-2014, 02:47 PM
50K units sure is a whole lotta rod ends! But they can be found on darn near anything. Tractors for example.

4.3LXJ
01-06-2014, 03:48 PM
That is true. But if a warehouse is out of them it can be a long wait. There are lots of different sizes and strengths. Remember they are stamped steel for the most part so they can stretch if too much force is put on them. Check the ratings on them