PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN XJ: Recovered!

KH96XJ
12-28-2013, 11:22 PM
For my XJ. Got home tonight and it was gone from my driveway in the back. None of the neighbors noticed it and I just finished talking to the police for the report. If you should happen to be in the North Texas area and see it please call the police.

1996 blue XJ

Cut fenders, 33" BFG AT's, ARB front bumper, hood vents.

In case someone sees it for sale the VIN is 1J4FJ68S2TL289783

The only additional equipmnet I had not in this photo was a warn X8000 winch.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/KH01GTP/_MG_2274.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/KH01GTP/media/_MG_2274.jpg.html)

Thanks for the help.

Brasscatz
12-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Oh no bro... I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. Trust me. I'll keep my eyes out

bluedragon436
12-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Man this sucks to hear... I hope you get it back and in one piece....

cantab27
12-28-2013, 11:41 PM
thats sucks bro.....changed ya heading , will get peoples to look at thread ...hope ya get it back ....

Mudderoy
12-28-2013, 11:42 PM
For my XJ. Got home tonight and it was gone from my driveway in the back. None of the neighbors noticed it and I just finished talking to the police for the report. If you should happen to be in the North Texas area and see it please call the police.

1996 blue XJ

Cut fenders, 33" BFG AT's, ARB front bumper, hood vents.

In case someone sees it for sale the VIN is 1J4FJ68S2TL289783

The only additional equipmnet I had not in this photo was a warn X8000 winch.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/KH01GTP/_MG_2274.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/KH01GTP/media/_MG_2274.jpg.html)

Thanks for the help.

We may need to do a show on how to protect your XJ from theft soon. Maybe we can get you on to tell your story. Hopefully you'll hear something from the police in a few days, and it will be good news. Still I wouldn't like the idea of someone taking and driving my Jeep even if nothing is missing or broken.

Good luck!

KH96XJ
12-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Thanks for changing the heading. It sucks and there are a few things I will have to do that I have put off like getting my security camera system installed now.

Carves
12-29-2013, 04:21 AM
They still hang car rustlers in Texas ??

Fingers crossed you get it back OK ..

XJ Wheeler
12-29-2013, 04:28 AM
Sorry to hear bud. If i were you i would blast it around local groups, and Facebook and such for the biggest audience. I would think your best bet is to have the most people looking.

Hope you get it back safe and sound.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Brasscatz
12-29-2013, 09:40 AM
A few things I forgot to add in here earlier. When my truck was stolen, I scoured eBay and craigslist for parts off of it. I never found any, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to look.

The next time I have to park a vehicle outside of my garage, I'm going to put LoJack in it. It's a one time installation cost and no recurring subscription. I just know how much it hurts to have a vehicle stolen and it really changes your life.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Metlic53
12-29-2013, 09:54 AM
My jeep was stolen at the woodlands mall in 2006, found it a week later, stole sound system, blew radiator, rear diff was messed up, trashed all inside, and covered in mud. I now have a viper alarm system, it won't start without the alarm unlocked and the kill switch on. Was found at a mall in Houston 5 days later idling at 3 in the morning. They drew cripp gang all over it. McDonald's trash everywhere, cigarette butts and holes in upholstery...I hope you find it, I was pretty mad cuz I had just bought it and had installed a 800 dollar radio and subs in it...some people...

gary63
12-29-2013, 10:12 AM
kill switches alarms and LoJack all will help the best is now band for sale in the USA. It is a tazer biult into your seats if you don't turn it off it will tazer you and I have seen it make a 280lb man go down. Hope you find it and get it back in one peace

KH96XJ
12-29-2013, 10:34 AM
I have posted to a local jeep club forum right after I posted here last night. The thing that puzzles me is it had no battery in it. When I had the doors off in summer someone decided they needed the battery more than I did. So I just left it there as I wasn't going to drive it anymore. There were only a few things in the jeep, loose change, tractor jack and some other odds and ends. I think my tree saver strap was in there though. I will have to look for that in the garage. My guess is it is on it's way to Mexico or some punks took it for a joy ride and it will end up in some field damaged like Metlic53's was.

I've had one other car stolen in the past, '94 T-bird, from Best buy parking lot in the middle of the day when I was working there. The cops did find it but the illegals who took it were using it to steal other cars and they had stripped some things and dented it up so I had to sell it after that.

I wish they would have taken my Jetta instead, it was fully covered.

07Negative
12-30-2013, 10:25 PM
I didn't know XJ's got stolen. Sorry to hear man. Hope it turns up fast

EekGirl96
12-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Sorry to hear about this, hopefully itll get returned without anything missing or messed up...and soon!

jimmixj
12-31-2013, 08:05 AM
Sorry Karl, that SUX! I watch CR all the time in Tucson and Phoenix; if it pops up I will PM you...we have to watch our Jeeps purty closely out here in the desert. They are highly desirable with the Coyote crowd.

KH96XJ
12-31-2013, 01:24 PM
And to add insult to injury my insurance coverage doesn't cover theft since it was for liability only. But then that is what I get for thinking nobody would want my XJ.

Brasscatz
12-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Ouch, that's what I had on my truck that was stolen, and that's what I have on my Jeep too. The other bad part about it is that if you HAD full coverage they'd pay you a couple hundred bucks. It's better than nothing, but the insurance companies don't value our Jeeps very high.

07Negative
12-31-2013, 11:57 PM
Ouch, that's what I had on my truck that was stolen, and that's what I have on my Jeep too. The other bad part about it is that if you HAD full coverage they'd pay you a couple hundred bucks. It's better than nothing, but the insurance companies don't value our Jeeps very high.

This is how I'd reply
insurance.avi - YouTube

gary63
01-01-2014, 08:14 AM
And to add insult to injury my insurance coverage doesn't cover theft since it was for liability only. But then that is what I get for thinking nobody would want my XJ.
it was at your house when it was stolen check your home insurance it is something that was around your house on the property. I had a friend who's car was broken into when he was at a school game and it was in a 50 mile radiuse of he's house he didn't have theif on the car but he did on the house and they covered it. It can't hart all they can say is YES or no. Good luck hope you get it back in good shape.

KH96XJ
01-02-2014, 10:42 AM
it was at your house when it was stolen check your home insurance it is something that was around your house on the property. I had a friend who's car was broken into when he was at a school game and it was in a 50 mile radiuse of he's house he didn't have theif on the car but he did on the house and they covered it. It can't hart all they can say is YES or no. Good luck hope you get it back in good shape.

I'll check into that on my policy. Thanks.

KH96XJ
01-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Just got a call from the local PD. Jeep was recovered in Mesquite and is in their pound. Winch is gone and the ignition switch is busted. Will be making arrangements to get it tomorrow. Will see what else they did to it then.

Mudderoy
01-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Just got a call from the local PD. Jeep was recovered in Mesquite and is in their pound. Winch is gone and the ignition switch is busted. Will be making arrangements to get it tomorrow. Will see what else they did to it then.

Damn! I'd hold out for high speed pursuit and K9 take down! :D

Hartly
01-04-2014, 09:54 PM
X2 on the K9

4.3LXJ
01-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Tied naked tightly to cactus :D

nickyg
01-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Tied naked tightly to cactus :D

There's a prick joke in there somewhere.

4.3LXJ
01-04-2014, 10:02 PM
There's a prick joke in there somewhere.

Lots of them :D

cpttuna
01-04-2014, 10:27 PM
I just love the humor here.

ArmyGuy45
01-05-2014, 02:39 AM
Can we see pics?

jimmixj
01-05-2014, 07:20 AM

That's awesome Karl! No matter what they did to it, getting it back is infinitely better than not getting it back! Glad to hear a good outcome.

gary63
01-05-2014, 08:54 AM
glad you got it back again check your home ins. on the winch you never know.

Brasscatz
01-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Glad it was found... And hopefully all parties involved will be executed. That's one of the worst crimes commitable in my book

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

07Negative
01-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Details on the recovery? Was it found abandon or were the perps in the vehicle? I really do hate thieves.

XJ Wheeler
01-05-2014, 08:24 PM
X1000 on stealing being for... COWARDS!

Glad you getting it back man. Hope its in good shape too.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

EekGirl96
01-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Glad there was a positive outcome to this, now hopefully there isnt any other major damage done to it!!!

Karma is a b*#%h, theyll get what they deserve

KH96XJ
01-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Haven't replied sooner because I've been trying to get over being sick.

Well, they probably won't get what they deserve from the police. Jeep was found in a known dumping ground for stolen vehicles. They stole the winch ($700), the Hella lights, spare tire, and my tractor jack. The front grill is gone since they removed it to pull the winch power cables. Busted one of the side markers and the driver mirror. Other than that no other visible damage.

Had to pay the tow company $200 to get the jeep released. That is the biggest insult. I am looking at my options and will decide what I am going to do with it in the next week or two.