PDA

View Full Version : Color/bodywork thoughts????

Infidel Edition
12-28-2013, 06:11 PM
so I had a few to kill today so i cut and painted the bumper
and painted the grill and trim.
I painted and attached the 1 '98 fender flair I have = I tried the fender and thought it might look cool.

just playing with colors at this point. though I do have a gal. of sand humvee paint and some black bed liner = so I'm leaning toward something like:
before = 4229
after = 4230
and... 4231

....still gotta clean up the line and such / just playing with ideas

Brasscatz
12-28-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm liking what you got going there

Carves
12-28-2013, 08:30 PM
If you have plenty of paint ...

I wouldn't mind seeing what this looks like in reality .....

ohhhh .... and some black trim around the side windows, including the door pillars .. :D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Funnies/BlackandSand01_zps7c49c695.jpg

Infidel Edition
12-29-2013, 01:55 PM
If you have plenty of paint ...

I wouldn't mind seeing what this looks like in reality .....

ohhhh .... and some black trim around the side windows, including the door pillars .. :D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Funnies/BlackandSand01_zps7c49c695.jpg

is that a program you used?

Carves
12-29-2013, 02:46 PM
is that a program you used?

Too right its a program ... I dont have the patience or the ability - to draw that up .. :o

;);) ... :D

It was shamelessly downloaded into google sketchup ... from the online, sketchup library/warehouse or whatever its called.

.... and was handy for visualising some front and rear bars I was thinking about making up, ages ago.

I think I did that colour scheme after seeing something similiar on a 2011/2012 Grand Cherokee model.

nickyg
12-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Looks good, as you already know paint is all about the prep.
I was just wondering why did you cut the bumper down? I've seen a few go down the road with a "stubby bumper" and always wondered If it had a mechanical effect or just "looked cool."

Infidel Edition
12-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Looks good, as you already know paint is all about the prep.
I was just wondering why did you cut the bumper down? I've seen a few go down the road with a "stubby bumper" and always wondered If it had a mechanical effect or just "looked cool."

I was just trying to do something with the look of the stock bumper (as cutting it down and painting it is almost free). ~ I was thinking of trimming another inch off... but decided to leave it for now.

As for performance type effects. That wasn't my goal, but if it were another inch or 2 off each end, and I were a rock crawler or something... One might argue that it frees up the line in front of the tires more?
But I don't know if that's a feasible argument either.

abebehrmann
12-30-2013, 09:18 AM
The girlfriend likes it. Now I have to paint my hood.

xj-jake
12-30-2013, 11:49 AM
I like it alot. I'd say roll with the mocked up paint scheme that looks awesome.

Infidel Edition
12-30-2013, 02:18 PM
I have to wait till it's warmer outside as I don't have a heated garage available...
... and I need to deal with my doors. 1 = hole from ?? (PO caused) and other side was ripped open in wind and needs to be dealt with.

nickyg
12-30-2013, 02:30 PM
I was just trying to do something with the look of the stock bumper (as cutting it down and painting it is almost free). ~ I was thinking of trimming another inch off... but decided to leave it for now.

As for performance type effects. That wasn't my goal, but if it were another inch or 2 off each end, and I were a rock crawler or something... One might argue that it frees up the line in front of the tires more?
But I don't know if that's a feasible argument either.

Thanks for explaining.