PDA

View Full Version : Dash Light Dilema

Grimfate
12-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Ok so the other night my dash lights went out. I replaced the fuse and it work for a bit then blew out again. After blowing numerous fuses and me not being the sharpest tool in the shed i replaced the 10a fuse with a 15a and they went out again. This time though I found the culprit, the light that illuminates the shifter had fallen out and was pinched in the linkage causing it to arc out, and blow the fuse....Unfortunately after fixing this issue the lights would not come on and the 15a fuse did not blow. Its a 96 cherokee country and the fuse is in the #19 slot. All other lights and acessories are working and the bulbs are good. Is there another fuse that could have blown? I tested the fuse slot with my Fluke and it seemed like it didnt have power going to the fuse slot...I personally hate electrical and any help would be appreciated thanx. Oh as i just found out i have no running lights either....:confused:

4.3LXJ
12-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Might have to replace the headlight switch now. The rheostat in it controls the dash lights and of course it also works the running lights

Grimfate
12-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Would I be able to get that from a parts store? Or is that a dealer only item?

4.3LXJ
12-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Easily gotten at the parts store

Infidel Edition
12-28-2013, 08:15 PM
easy swap too.
10 min +/-