PDA

View Full Version : 2000 XJ. First Jeep..... In Germany..... Parts...?

Briosan
12-27-2013, 03:54 AM
Hello All! I am new to the Jeep Family, and couldn't be happier with my purchase. I got a damn good deal on a 2000 Classic that I have had the privilege of working on the last couple of weeks! I am fairly mechanically inclined, but new to working on automobiles. I am a military member serving overseas and was wondering if anyone knows if there are any places to buy parts. Waiting for weeks on end isn't too fun.

XJ Wheeler
12-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Hey Brian, first and foremost... Thank you sir for your service to this country. It neither goes unnoticed nor unappreciated. :patriot:

Welcome to xjtalk! Congrats on the new ride, there's pretty much an endless amount of things you can do to these. Some fun, some necessary... For the parts, i apologize but other than contacting companies over here in the US i have no good answer for you.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
12-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Welcome Brian from a vet. You can get OEM parts over there, we have several members that have. You might try a PM to Cherok, who is in Holland for local sources of OEM parts. We have had a member on in the past who was from England who was getting accessories over there. Not sure who was making them. But if you are looking for suspension and bumper upgrades I think you are stuck with shipping from the US

ArmyGuy45
12-28-2013, 09:15 AM
2001 XJ and I am stationed in Wiesbaden, Germany. Let me tell you its not fun to find parts over here. I have basically just ordered stuff from Autozone (free shipping to APO and 15 bucks off every 100 you spend!) and wait for it to come in the mail.

Hope this helps.