PDA

View Full Version : I am wanting to move my window switches

Andrew XJ
12-26-2013, 02:53 AM
okay everybody I need some help I'm wanting to move my window switches from the driver side to the center console.

1. because only the driver side switches work I'll put them in the middle so everyone can use them.

2. I want to get as many wires out of my door as possible so that when I take them off for the summer I don't have to have my wiring harness exposed to the elements.

3. It also adds uniqueness and I'm already making a sound bar to move the speakers out of the doors.

4. I would just get manual doors but I cannot find any for my year and I really want to paint to match.

thank you guys in advance and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

abebehrmann
12-26-2013, 08:09 AM
If you want manual doors, just search the junkyard inventory for an SE model. You should be able to find a 97-01 SE fairly easily, it's finding the same red that isn't faded or beat up that will be the tough part.

4.3LXJ
12-26-2013, 11:13 AM
There are a couple of things you can do. One is to get the parts for manual windows and locks and put them in. A direct bolt in. You only have to substitute bolts for the 1/4" rivets. The other is that you will only reduce the wires by half moving the switches. But it can be done.