PDA

View Full Version : Snow (part 1)

cpttuna
12-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Dec 8 5:00 It started to snow. The first of the season and the wife and I took our hot buttered rum and sat by the window, watching the soft flakes drift down, clinging to the trees and covering the ground. it is beautiful.
Dec 9 We awoke to a big blanket of crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a fantastic sight. Every tree and shrub covered with a beautiful white mantel. I shoveled snow for the first time in years, and loved it. I did both our driveway and the sidewalk. Later the snowplow came along and covered our driveway with compacted snow from the street. He smiledand waived. I waved back. I shoveled it again.
Dec 12 The sun has melted most of our lovely snow. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get a little more before this lovely winter is through.
Dec 14 It snowed 8 inches last night and the temp dropped below zero. Shoveled the sidewalk and driveway again. Shortly, the snowplow came by and did his trick again.
Dec 15 Sold our car and bought a 4x4 blazer so we could get around in the snow. Bought snow tires for the pickup.
Dec 18 Fell on my ass on the ice in the driveway. $23 to the chiropractor but nothing broken, thank God. The damn sky is getting dark again.
Dec 19 Still cold(5 below this am) Icy roads making it tough driving. Slid into the guardrail in the wife's car. Probably $100 damage or so. She's pissed off.
Dec 20 Had another 14 inches of that white shit last night. More shoveling in store for me today. That ******* snowplow came by twice.
Dec 22 We are assured of a white Christmas because another 7 inches of that shit fell today and with the freezing weather it won't melt till August. Got all dressed up to go out and shovel that shit again(boots, jumpsuit, jacket ,scarf, ear muffs, gloves)... and then I got the urge to pee.