PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Choices

bigrob420247
12-21-2013, 01:11 PM
So my stock Radiator has failed (at least i think it's stock,i bought the jeep with 130,000 miles)and i am thinking of goin with the 3 core CSF or the 3 core Aluminium from Champion,both are about the same price,and the reason i want to go bigger is i live in So Nevada and so my question is.Have any of you used either of these brands and what do you think of them?

Mudderoy
12-21-2013, 01:18 PM
So my stock Radiator has failed (at least i think it's stock,i bought the jeep with 130,000 miles)and i am thinking of goin with the 3 core CSF or the 3 core Aluminium from Champion,both are about the same price,and the reason i want to go bigger is i live in So Nevada and so my question is.Have any of you used either of these brands and what do you think of them?

I went through a multi-year ordeal with my 98 and it running hot on the freeway, eventual fix was to replace the heater core and use a MOPAR radiator. That took care of about 90% of it. Adding the factory skid helped with the rest. I have an aftermarket front bumper so it reduced the air flow through the radiator, at least that's my theory.

Had a CSF 3 core, Champion Aluminum, neither solved the problem.

Many people use them and don't have any issue, so it may work fine for your Cherokee. Just my personal experience.

saar
12-23-2013, 07:34 AM
I use a 2 rows Champion radiator with no problems (knock wood? :) )
When I replaced the radiator I replaced the fan clutch to a new heavy duty one. You may want to check your fan clutch as well... if it is still the original one, maybe it is time to buy a new one.

mudslut
12-23-2013, 07:46 AM

ALUMINIUM best choice.................with a new fan hoses and thermostat

Carves
12-23-2013, 05:01 PM
3row doesnt always mean better cooling ... Driving scenarios play a big factor .. ;);)

... and then after you have settled on what size you want ... you can start flipping a coin about which materials it should be made from .... as both types - have good and bad points.

Have a read of Mudderoys radiator thread ... theres a bunch of thoughts and recommendations in there - to apply to your driving situation.

A physical comparison, of the two rads you are looking at, is in this vid ..... Take note of his typed comments about the instal dramas.

http://youtu.be/6jYOcDMqGvU