PDA

View Full Version : Rear window Washer ....

ChiefRocka
12-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Hey guys.

Ever since I've owned the XJ, I've wondered about the rear washer.

I'm assuming it pulls water from the front tank ?

I can hear it run, but no water.

I'm assuming it might be plugged in the hatch ?

Brasscatz
12-19-2013, 08:12 AM
I believe you are correct that it pulls from the front tank. You may have to check all the lines leading up to the front to find out if there's a clog or if something is disconnected. I think there's a 'T' fitting behind the interior driver's side rear quarter panel

drakan1908
12-19-2013, 08:17 AM
My Grand has 2 pumps in the reservoir. One for the front and one for the rear.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

bad luck
12-19-2013, 09:04 AM
What rear washer? I didn't even know there was one.

4.3LXJ
12-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Yes, rear washer pulls from the front tank with its own pump. It uses a little rubber hose that hooks to the arm of the wiper if is like mine. That little hose flexes a lot and can come unhooked inside the hatch. Makes the inside nice and clean :D

gary63
12-19-2013, 10:23 AM
when I got jeep it would work off and on found some cracks in the hose so I replaced all the hoses and added a 2nd hose and a small tank that was going to get used to wash off more mud and it worked. but now I use the small tank and hose set up for when people tailgate to close it looks like the hose came off. but if you can hear it check first at the pump and make shour it is pumping water then from there you can blow air though the hose.

nickyg
12-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Mine works, but the lil nub to the wiper arm keeps breaking off. so when I turn it on it sprays the car behind me.

editedforsafety
12-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Mine didn't work, but I replaced the pump, both for the front and rear. They are cheap, and live a hard life up in the wheelwell.