PDA

View Full Version : Easy custom XJ stuff

mudslut
12-17-2013, 12:31 PM
this are on you tube .......for ref. only some are ok ideas..and cheap POST YOUR IDEA AND HELP OUT A FELLOW XJer.................:patriot: rust-oleum car paint job---roof light bar using old track bar---haber fraight tube bender ADD MORE

mudslut
12-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Any more tricks up the sleeve anyone out ther

thesupercroc
12-18-2013, 09:46 AM
this are on you tube .......for ref. only some are ok ideas..and cheap POST YOUR IDEA AND HELP OUT A FELLOW XJer.................:patriot: rust-oleum car paint job---roof light bar using old track bar---haber fraight tube bender ADD MORE

Do you have a link for the trac bar to light bar conversion?

mudslut
12-18-2013, 09:56 AM
no link sorry he took a track bar cut the ends off and welded it to hes stock bumper looked good .....put it on your roof or cust. bumper neat lil trick I put mine on my roof

thesupercroc
12-18-2013, 10:03 AM
ok thanks that sound like it would be a great use for a old trac bar just lying a
round

4.3LXJ
12-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Not sure what to tell you on this one. I just make all my stuff because it is cheaper that way. But you have to have fab skills for that. We do have a thread on here for cheap wrecking yard upgrades.

Brasscatz
12-18-2013, 10:22 AM
I never heard of the track bar thing. I think I'll see if Matt still has my old one at his shop

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

4.3LXJ
12-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Someone can always have my old one. But perhaps sway bar might be a better option? I could see doing something like that with it

mudslut
12-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Firemanray posted his home made lift I think its 7inch look for a thread called lift my xj pic on that thread.....................nice

4.3LXJ
12-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Mine is entirely home made as well. But not cheap unless you compare it to what it would have cost for someone else to make it

mudslut
12-18-2013, 05:16 PM
got a good 1 just ordered mine xj seat covers front and back fo-leather many colors 35 bucks on ebay two-tone

mudslut
12-20-2013, 10:24 AM
weld your spline gear on youtube works great....going on 2 years with mine why spend the money for lockers...........check on youtube

NW99XJ
12-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Here's one for you guys.... cheap, (free) ...easy (takes 2 seconds)...and best of all, requires no special skills or tools... in fact it requires no tools at all.
The best part?.... it improves safety, and sounds cool too... ok you ready?
It's called the rear view mirror flip mod..... I know, right? ...sounds pretty cool!
So here's how it works, ...
With one hand, grab the rear view mirror, Now rotate it 180 degrees, turning it upside down.
You may have to tilt it as you do this, to clear the windshield.
The little "dimmer tab" should be facing upwards now.
Adjust it's final position in accordance with your seating/driving position.
YOU'RE DONE!

Now you have more visibility out of the windshield, and a better view of whats behind you as well.
Dont worry, the dimmer function still works....

prcjeep
12-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Here's one for you guys.... cheap, (free) ...easy (takes 2 seconds)...and best of all, requires no special skills or tools... in fact it requires no tools at all.
It's called the rear view mirror flip mod..... I know, right? ...sounds pretty cool!
With one hand, grab the rear view mirror, Now rotate it 180 degrees, turning it upside down.
YOU'RE DONE!

Now you have more visibility out of the windshield, and a better view of whats behind you as well.

Depending on severity, The above modification will not work if your headliner is drooping leaving you with limited rear view visibility.

nickyg
12-20-2013, 03:35 PM
YOU'RE DONE!

Sounds complicated, can you post a write up with pics or a link to video that fully explains how to do this mod? Would it be easier to hold the mirror and rotate the jeep?

4.3LXJ
12-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Sounds complicated, can you post a write up with pics or a link to video that fully explains how to do this mod? Would it be easier to hold the mirror and rotate the jeep?

You might be on to something there Nicky. I am sure it would be even easier if there was a keg involved :bacondance:

thesupercroc
12-20-2013, 05:23 PM
YOU'RE DONE!

Instructions were unclear I got my foot stuck in the fan. JK . ;-) how ever I did find that it will not work with a over head counsel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

abebehrmann
12-20-2013, 06:39 PM
I got this one from the High Performance XJ Builders Guide, by Eric Zappe. Next time you change your oil replace the stock sized filter with an oversized one that is ~1/3 bigger. Increases the filtering capacity and lets your 4.0 hold a little bit more oil. Best of all, the oversized filters are the same cost as the stock size.

Note: '87-92 XJs will need an adapter for the oversized filter to fit.

mudslut
12-21-2013, 08:37 AM
got a good 1.....altonater wire jump...take your field wire loop/jump it backto the big wire witch is the batt charging wire now you have more than 12volts more like 13.6 charging volts...good if u running lots of lights and stuff this only works on 2 wire alts could over charge batt.............................................. .......I like it works for my rigggg

bulrid8
12-21-2013, 09:23 AM
got a good 1.....altonater wire jump...take your field wire loop/jump it backto the big wire witch is the batt charging wire now you have more than 12volts more like 13.6 charging volts...good if u running lots of lights and stuff this only works on 2 wire alts could over charge batt.............................................. .......I like it works for my rigggg

A properly working alt will charge up to 14v as it needs it. The regulator controls how much is needed. By bypassing the regulator, you risk burning up the alt and killing the battery.

mudslut
12-21-2013, 05:03 PM
A properly working alt will charge up to 14v as it needs it. The regulator controls how much is needed. By bypassing the regulator, you risk burning up the alt and killing the battery.

works good for my rig...........:patriot:

4.3LXJ
12-21-2013, 05:52 PM
When I did that it drained the battery when not in use, but different alternator

mudslut
12-22-2013, 08:01 AM

NOT at idle like the wire jump trick this would be good for off rd rigs only could over charge your batt. no probs with mine

mudslut
12-22-2013, 08:07 AM
When I did that it drained the battery when not in use, but different alternator

yes only two wire and it still could do the same thing but like I said works good for my rigggggggggggg ..... this is a good thread to post stuff ref. only always do your home work