PDA

View Full Version : Turn signals do not work in gauge cluster but work outside

laudydaudy
12-08-2013, 04:59 AM
I have a 93' xj sport and the turn signals on the interior gauge cluster do not work. However, they work just fine on the outside. I have no idea where to start to troubleshoot the problem, can someone please point me in the right direction? I have been driving it for 1yr 1/2 like this and it is really starting to annoy me....lol Thanks :patriot:

Mudderoy
12-08-2013, 07:56 AM
I have a 93' xj sport and the turn signals on the interior gauge cluster do not work. However, they work just fine on the outside. I have no idea where to start to troubleshoot the problem, can someone please point me in the right direction? I have been driving it for 1yr 1/2 like this and it is really starting to annoy me....lol Thanks :patriot:

Hmmm I wonder if it could be the flasher module, best case, or wiring between it and the dash lights worse case.

4.3LXJ
12-08-2013, 10:18 AM
They both quit at once?

ArmyGuy45
12-10-2013, 02:44 AM
They both quit at once?

Fuse?

ParadiseXJ
12-11-2013, 10:25 AM
In the gauge cluster:
What happens? Lights don't come on at all? Light comes on and stays on?

On the outside:
All four corners work? In the front, do the parking lights AND the side markers blink? Just the P-light or just the side marker?

If the inside lights just go on and stay on, it's an indicator that one or more bulbs/sockets is non-functional.

If the outsides work on ALL four corners (front park AND sides) then the flasher is ruled out since it's doing it's job.

Try looking at the gauge cluster fuse and/or gauge cluster ground. If the inside lights are not working at all...the gauge cluster bulbs could be out, but both at the same time would point to a ground or fuse problem....IMHO.