PDA

View Full Version : Why I don't shop at WalMart

07Negative
12-06-2013, 10:44 AM
I watched this documentry on Wal-Wart a few weeks ago. Sad stuff. Its also sad yet ironic how all these "hardcore" conservatives shop there but bitch about high taxes and people on welfare. Wal-Mart stands for everything that kinda person is not for. Yet supports it by dropping your dough there.
I read some figure that Wal-Mart profits so much off of folks on food stamps. My question is, who's the real welfare recipient?
This is a decent read: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/11/18/walmart-store-holding-thanksgiving-charity-food-drive-for-its-own-employees/

4.3LXJ
12-06-2013, 11:07 AM
I only shop there when I feel it necessary. That being, like saving up to $2 a quart for oil. But I don't generally go there. Not a good shopping experience. It is interesting to note over a year ago that Walmart started going green and yuppie due to the guidance of someone in the top echelon. They lost their customer base and were in the red for at least one quarter. They gave him a bonus and sent him on. Unfortunately, there will always be a Walmart somewhere to take advantage of those shoppers that will only buy cheap, or not at all.

When Walmart wanted to put two superstores here in Chico, to take over all small businesses as is their typical plan, you would not believe the support they got from the community. These people were willing to make the business community a ghost town just so they could buy cheap

abebehrmann
12-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Just curious, I think I read somewhere that you also hate Costco. What is the reason for that? I feel like, for a large company, they are pretty good about treating their employees well and selling decent products at a good price.

4.3LXJ
12-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Cosco? I love Cosco. Limits their profits to 5% voluntarily, donate to charitable causes and pay their employees well. My only problem with Cosco is getting out of there spending less than a C note

nickyg
12-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Ever been to a Walmart at 3am? Pretty darn entertaining.

07Negative
12-06-2013, 01:59 PM
I personally dislike shopping at costco. I went there once b/c some friends are use to throw on a monthly event. We would get booze and such items. I stood in the check out line for 30minutes (I'm not b.s'ing). After giving up a corporate job. Well I should say I got fired for being an ass towards upper management. I've either been self employed or work in private sector. So I support private sector.
If you've ever been to Sacramento, Ca. Its nothing but large corporate chains. I think its ugly and boring. There is no life to areas like that to me. Same crap every where you go. Taco Bell, Target, Burger King, Michaels, Panda Express, Costco, Chevron, then the dry cleaner. All in a row. But ultimately my biggest complaint is the stuff that places like Wal-Mart get away with. And people support the crap even though they are morally against it. Maybe the info isn't so readily available. So that's why I throw junk like this up. Its just info.

07Negative
12-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Ever been to a Walmart at 3am? Pretty darn entertaining.

I live in the Bay Area. The streets are always like cable television. I gotta guy outside my work that walks up and down the street everyday screaming some drivel and profanity. You can smell him a good block and a half away.

abebehrmann
12-06-2013, 04:55 PM
I personally dislike shopping at costco. I went there once b/c some friends are use to throw on a monthly event. We would get booze and such items. I stood in the check out line for 30minutes (I'm not b.s'ing).

Yeah, I feel you there. Sometimes I just want to slap some people around when I'm there.

The reason I got my membership in the first place was for their dog food. One of my dog's gets hives when she eats grains so she can only gets grain-free food which is usually $50-60 for a 30lb bag. Costco's grain-free is only $30 for a 35lb bag, and it's made by same company and has the exact same ingredients as Taste of the Wild which retails for twice that price. I save enough in just dog food to pay for the membership in a month.

Mudderoy
12-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Love Wal Mart and Sam's Club. Any company that limits their profits deserves to be run out of business. Capitalism isn't play fair, everyone get along and lets smoke dope and have free love, it's sell a superior product for less, and throw in a little excellent customer service.

God bless the U.S.A. and the businesses that have been built by people just like you and I. You remember the U.S. of A. that used to have the same opportunity for all?

:patriot:

07Negative
12-06-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm all for capitalism. I'm also game for smoking some hash time to time. But when you look at the ethics of a business like this. They are no different than the lazy ass next door w 3 kids no dad no job milking the system. If our Wal-Marts still sold guns. I would probably buy one.
In regards to opportunity for all? I'm not too confident in that any more. Good ol' USA that imports more than it exports. Sooner or later our money will say "made in China." :(

07Negative
12-06-2013, 07:30 PM
It's on YouTube. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jazb24Q2s94&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJazb24Q2s94
The kicker for me is how they would encourage employees to get gov assistance.

cantab27
12-06-2013, 07:43 PM
you guys all need to calm the **** down and go wheeling .........

4.3LXJ
12-06-2013, 07:44 PM
I do like looking at the people of Walmart though :D

Brasscatz
12-06-2013, 07:48 PM

Yeah! That stuff is hilarious!! And sometimes scary.... :smiley-scared003:

07Negative
12-06-2013, 07:50 PM
you guys all need to calm the **** down and go wheeling .........

I'm not mad or anything. Just pointing out things. What do I care where ppl drop their coin? Just sharing info.

Firemanray
12-06-2013, 07:54 PM

Most of those pictures had to have been taken at my local Wal-Mart. You should see this place, I think it's a local competition to see who can dress the worst, however, in order to play you're not allowed to have teeth and it helps if your family tree doesn't "fork".:D

KMW-NWXJ
12-06-2013, 11:00 PM
You mean if they DO fork?

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

4.3LXJ
12-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Nothing like a family tree with only one branch

Brasscatz
12-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Nothing like a family tree with only one branch

cough cough WAYNE cough

:smiley-laughing021:

editedforsafety
12-07-2013, 10:30 AM
I think that Wal-mart is the one of the worst companies in America, and I hate to shop there, but it's really hard not to sometimes. We really dug ourselves into a hole with them and we are stuck with them.

cantab27
12-07-2013, 10:32 PM
cough cough WAYNE cough

:smiley-laughing021:

hey leave me and your cousin's outta this.........:smiley-taunt002:

cpttuna
12-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Its tough if Wal Mart is the only game in town.

4.3LXJ
12-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Its tough if Wal Mart is the only game in town.

That is their classic business strategy