PDA

View Full Version : atv's

bad luck
12-03-2013, 08:10 AM
I listened to podcast episode 102 the other day, and heard Tony and Josh talking about side by side atv's. I don't own one or plan to buy one, but they are legal to drive in town, anywhere except on Main St. But I see people driving them on Main St. all the time anyway. My neighbor has one and they take it grocery shopping, and just to run errands around town. It's pretty cool to be able to drive to a trailhead instead of loading them up on a trailer. When I get back home I will take some pics and post them, but maybe it will be too cold by then for people to drive them, if so I will try to do it next spring. I know there are other towns in Utah where it is legal also.

07Negative
12-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Now that's cool! This wouldn't happen with a place full of butt holes. Say california for instance.

4.3LXJ
12-04-2013, 11:06 AM
It might be possible to license one here. Might want to check into it

xj-jake
12-05-2013, 04:03 PM
It really depends on the state and county. Here in Minnesota they can be driven on county roads but are only allowed to cross state high ways and freeways. In SD they can license them for on road driving as long as they have blinkers mirrors and a horn.

editedforsafety
12-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Why doesn't somebody make a side by side that looks like an old Jeep? Seems like that would sell incredibly well.