PDA

View Full Version : Welded in nut broke loose, in frame???

ezbuzzsaw
12-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Well this would not be a big deal but it is the one for the upper shackle mount for the rear of the leaf spring. When I installed the new springs the nut broke free and I managed to get a wrench in the from from the back and torqued it down good, but now I find it came loose.
Has anyone else dealt with this and did you find a good fix for it? I guess I will be dropping the custom bumper today to get back into it, not an easy job on it's own. I am sure that the bolt is a mess now that it has been ratting around in there wallowing out the hole in the frame and tearing up its threads.
I just don't know how I will get a real solution to this with out dropping the tank and doing some major fabrication.
So if you happen to of dealt with this and wrote up a 4 page article with pictures and instructions please send it along. LOL
But seriously any help/advice would be appreciated!

EZ

4.3LXJ
12-01-2013, 10:19 AM
One solution to that would be a shackle relocation kit. Those bolt or weld on. They do raise the vehicle height by about 1.5" though.

ezbuzzsaw
12-01-2013, 01:13 PM
One solution to that would be a shackle relocation kit. Those bolt or weld on. They do raise the vehicle height by about 1.5" though.

Yea I was looking at those and thinking of welding them in, I have HD OME rear springs with a little too much lift already. So I guess I will look in the fab forum and see what I can find on this.

Thanks,

EZ