PDA

View Full Version : Yet another reason I love this forum...

Brasscatz
11-29-2013, 12:17 AM
So some of you may remember my post the other day in regards to my wife's Jeep Patriot. I joined a Patriot forum and posted up my question in there. Know how many replies I got? ........ ZERO. 100+ views on it, but zero replies. xjTalk (that is focused on the XJ) replied to my post about a Jeep Patriot and I thank you guys for that.

I don't know if it was the fact that in that post I stated I had an "off-road rig XJ" that I could drive and they got their feelings hurt that my lil ol' wifey drives the Patriot and I will never wheel it, or what. I don't know if I didn't "search" enough for the answer, I don't know anything.

I'm a little steamed right now because of this as you can probably tell. I can't understand the success of a forum that flames their users and/or doesn't care enough to help.

If somebody on xjTalk asks a question, it may take a little time for a reply, but we always try to make sure every question is answered to the best of our ability. We have a handy-dandy "No Replies" link on the top of this page that shows all the posts that don't have any replies. Most of which are welcome threads and we try to get in there and say a word of welcome, but we always go in there to make sure questions are answered.

Thank you xjTalk for being the only forum that cares about respect. Let's all keep up the good work and maybe other forums will catch on ;) :bacondance:

XJ Wheeler
11-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Here, here!

Reminds me of one. Over a year ago i signed up on a Bronco II/Ranger forum. They didn't have the nifty automatic welcome thread, so i made one myself. Checked back several times, even months later... no reply, nothing. So, i never posted again figuring i would have just been bugging someone for their time since it was too much trouble for the solid 30 seconds it takes to say "welcome to ......." or less and just "welcome".

Doesn't matter now that i have xjtalk!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
11-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Yup, sad state of affairs on other sites

bluedragon436
11-29-2013, 12:41 AM
I'm a member of many forums for many different vehicles, so I've met all kinds of folks... and have never seen the lack of bashing and the helpful replies to questions, not matter how out there, or how repetitive they are as I've seen here... no matter what the forum was for even non automotive related forums...

nickyg
11-29-2013, 12:43 PM
I got a feeling this forum will start a trend.. all the serious minded people will visit one site while all the kiddies stay on the other sites just so they can flame each other.

Mudderoy
11-30-2013, 01:05 AM
If you guys would like to start a forum, and guided and directed in the same way this one is, hit me up. The only thing is you'll need to be the primary person on the site since I probably won't know anything about the subject and you'll need at least 5 motivated folks to join you on the site to help build it.

Brasscatz
11-30-2013, 01:16 AM
I just don't have anything to start a forum about. This one is perfect for me!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

nickyg
11-30-2013, 02:08 AM
If you guys would like to start a forum, and guided and directed in the same way this one is, hit me up. The only thing is you'll need to be the primary person on the site since I probably won't know anything about the subject and you'll need at least 5 motivated folks to join you on the site to help build it.

Thanks!! I've been thinking about starting a forum called tinfoiltalk.com A place where we can discuss how different gauge and shapes of foil can block certain signals and with my multiple personalities I already have 5 friends to help.

abebehrmann
11-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Couldn't agree more. When I was researching XJs I stumbled upon a ton of rude posts to people just trying to learn more about their Jeep. I told myself I wasn't going to subject myself to that and post on or join any forums. Then I stumbled upon the XJTalkshow and heard Tony and Josh talk about how there aren't any stupid questions on XJTalk.com and nobody gets flamed for asking something that may have been posted previously. I checked out XJTalk.com and joined that day.

Mudderoy
11-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Couldn't agree more. When I was researching XJs I stumbled upon a ton of rude posts to people just trying to learn more about their Jeep. I told myself I wasn't going to subject myself to that and post on or join any forums. Then I stumbled upon the XJTalkshow and heard Tony and Josh talk about how there aren't any stupid questions on XJTalk.com and nobody gets flamed for asking something that may have been posted previously. I checked out XJTalk.com and joined that day.

Yeah we need to talk about that more often on the show. Professionals would! :D

cantab27
11-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks!! I've been thinking about starting a forum called tinfoiltalk.com A place where we can discuss how different gauge and shapes of foil can block certain signals and with my multiple personalities I already have 5 friends to help.

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

im in .......:smiley-taunt002:

Firemanray
11-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Yep, this is a great forum all right! I've met a lot of the members in person and wheeled with a few as well. I'm a member on Pirate but I refuse to post anything, I just lurk. I don't like every post ending with the "flipoff" smiley.