PDA

View Full Version : Stop Global Learning

07Negative
11-25-2013, 12:41 PM
As a true conservative. I have a retort for the global learning crowd. Limit the amount of drivers! For F**K sake. I damn near got ran off the road3 times within a 15 mile drive to work today alone. So if we limit the amount of drivers and actually make the drivers license harder to get. Green House gases will drop significantly, less road work, which in its self has a huge carbon foot print. Not to mention all the horrible run off that roads create. Fewer taxes, saving Americans millions. Or American politics spending it else where like they naturally would. And gas prices would drop. Roads will be safer as a little added benefit with far less traffic. Done and done!

NW99XJ
11-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Deejay for president 2016

4.3LXJ
11-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Signing up for the green party?

abebehrmann
11-25-2013, 12:54 PM
I agree. There are far too many terrible drivers on the roads. I definitely think that driver's tests should be harder and you should be forced to retest after a set amount of years to ensure that you are still capable of doing it.

07Negative
11-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Steve: Still a registered Independent. I tried to start a party called Common Sense, but it seems I didn't have enough supporters. :) But when I say I'm conservative. Its both politically and my consumption. I think its a no brainer to collect rain water in places that hardly get any and for the folks that are on municipal. Why pay more than you need to? I also think more people need grow more of their own food and consume less. Which I suppose would ultimately reduce this Green House gases too. Especially all the crap that goes into spraying crops and the huge F*ing tractors they use nowa days. But I'm always hearing the Global Learning crowd complain about cars. So my points are mainly about people behind the wheel. And to hell with these land use people as well. Thus is why I don't shop at REI any more. Sierra Club is public enemy number 1! Sorry for the rant

Apparently, its rather expensive and hard to get a license in Germany. From what I was told (keep that in mind b/c I don't know if its true). That it costs a gawdly amount of money to get one and its really strict. If that just so happens to be. I'm for it!
Another added benefit! Would be for all the major cities. Far fewer drive by shootings. These butt holes will have to do them on skate boards and razor scooters. I have a solution for gun violence too, but it's not PC and this is a family site. So I'll refrain from my ideology.

4.3LXJ
11-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Steve: Still a registered Independent. I tried to start a party called Common Sense, but it seems I didn't have enough supporters. :)

That party will never take off. If common sense was so common, everybody would have it. :D

4.3LXJ
11-25-2013, 01:26 PM
As far as driving goes, a lot of people really piss my wife off. She seriously wants a WWII half track with a working 50 cal on the top. Nothing like 1/2" armor plate and a front roller for driving over tall obstacles, like a few cars maybe. :D

07Negative
11-25-2013, 01:28 PM
It's time to pony up and get the lady one. Christmas is coming up. Hint hint wink wink

BlueXJ
11-25-2013, 01:52 PM
As far as driving goes, a lot of people really piss my wife off. She seriously wants a WWII half track with a working 50 cal on the top. Nothing like 1/2" armor plate and a front roller for driving over tall obstacles, like a few cars maybe. :D

It's time to pony up and get the lady one. Christmas is coming up. Hint hint wink wink

Halftrack would be bad on the roads. Find her an armored car that id 30 cal equipped. It would suffice and be more environmentally friendly.

4.3LXJ
11-25-2013, 02:02 PM
The half tracks have rubber tracks, available in Israel who still use them. Now there was this anti tank rubber tired tank at Surplus City. 80 mm long range gun on a turret. It stuck out about 6 feet beyond the front. She wanted it bad. Imagine looking down the bore of a howitzer size gun. Priceless. But alas, they wouldn't sell it

Brasscatz
11-25-2013, 05:49 PM
I still say that the cities need to give a citizen's badge to about 20% of the population so that we have the ability to ticket stupid drivers. Every time I hit the streets, I see at the very minimum 1/3 of the drivers doing something stupid or illegal and there's NEVER a cop around. I would volunteer in a heartbeat to give out tickets :D

xj4life2
11-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Sorry you all hadn't heard about this so I thought I would post for ya :

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.??

No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and Maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Calpol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

07Negative
11-25-2013, 09:31 PM
I still say that the cities need to give a citizen's badge to about 20% of the population so that we have the ability to ticket stupid drivers. Every time I hit the streets, I see at the very minimum 1/3 of the drivers doing something stupid or illegal and there's NEVER a cop around. I would volunteer in a heartbeat to give out tickets :D

http://m.portlandmercury.com/portland/turning-the-tables/Content?oid=753233

Brasscatz
11-26-2013, 07:31 AM
Good story there. I kinda have to laugh a bit... the officer asked the guy "If someone broke into your house, would you rather have the police be able to park in front of your house or have to park three blocks away and walk there?" The answer is absolutely park in front of my house! BUT!!! The cop was going to grab a bite to eat, NOT answer a burglary call. Big difference.

I make it a habit to walk up to police and firefighters that I see in the gas station, fast food joints, etc, and shake their hands and thank them for what they do. But I cannot stand for police officers that abuse their authority "just because they can". It translates into all aspects of what they do: speeding on the streets and highways, not using turn signals, not stopping for stop signs and running red lights, and parking! The exceptions would most definitely be if they were on their way to a emergency call, but just normal transportation.... no.

I could continue the rant and even give a couple personal stories but I think we get the idea. The moral of the story is that our public authority figures need to LEAD BY EXAMPLE, and not abuse their authority.

07Negative
11-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Firefighters I like. Cops not so much

olds-cool
11-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Have you ever noticed that 90% of cops have a cell phone stuck to the side of their head while driving around? At least one local city has made this illegal for all of us but yet I see the city cops still with a phone glued to their skulls. Lead by example, at least that's what I was taught growing up.

cantab27
11-26-2013, 10:17 PM
if ya hate em so much sign on and do there job ....cops do a great job we need em easy to bag on a keyboard ,, wear there shoes , they put up with shit and shit heads ...shit our ones don't even pack guns ...got a few good mates who have been or still are cops .......good people ...

Carves
11-26-2013, 10:30 PM
The half tracks have rubber tracks, available in Israel who still use them. Now there was this anti tank rubber tired tank at Surplus City. 80 mm long range gun on a turret. It stuck out about 6 feet beyond the front. She wanted it bad. Imagine looking down the bore of a howitzer size gun. Priceless. But alas, they wouldn't sell it

113 would be the go - for Mrs 4.3LXJ.

Nice big ramp at the back to roll the shopping trolleys straight in - after a day at the mall .. ;);)

Might want one of the latest aussie versions tho ... They gave 'em a stretch and an all new drivetrain apparrently.

4.3LXJ
11-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Don't tempt her