PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition - Official

tom0006
11-18-2013, 01:39 PM
2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition - Official
http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/var/thumbs/2014-Jeep-Wrangler-Willys-Wheeler-Edition---Official/2014%20Jeep%20Wrangler%20Willys%20Wheeler%20Editio n%20-%20Official%20-%2001.jpg (http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/2014-Jeep-Wrangler-Willys-Wheeler-Edition---Official)
http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/2014-Jeep-Wrangler-Willys-Wheeler-Edition---Official

Brasscatz
11-18-2013, 04:32 PM
That's actually pretty sweet...

graverobberjk
11-19-2013, 08:28 AM
I have mixed feelings about putting "Willys" on a JK...its like putting Cherokee on that durrango with down syndrome that they got out now...But thats just my personal opinion on the matter...to me it just looks like a JK with a sticker, nothing more

abebehrmann
11-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I was hoping for a bare-bones stripped down Wrangler with no carpet, a canvas top, and maybe a pickaxe and shovel strapped to the side.

graverobberjk
11-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I was hoping for a bare-bones stripped down Wrangler with no carpet, a canvas top, and maybe a pickaxe and shovel strapped to the side.

I agree, is it too much to ask that if they are going to do it, do it right .... just throwing it out there

graverobberjk
11-19-2013, 01:46 PM
my local jeep dealer did a custom JK build that looks closer...they used OD green, duplicated all the markings and even went as far as to use the thin off road tires to give it a decent WILLYS look

denverd1
11-19-2013, 02:37 PM
hmm... 25K for a new JK sounds pretty bare bones to me. Considering that new ones with matching hardtop are nearly double that

4.3LXJ
11-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Maybe this is just an excuse to package a stripped down model. But it will still never be an old Willys

ArmyGuy45
11-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Maybe this is just an excuse to package a stripped down model. But it will still never be an old Willys

To much plastic for it to be a Willy. Needs thinner tires and a thinner grill.

4.3LXJ
11-19-2013, 03:36 PM
No leaf springs, air leaks, hard to see instruments, noise and uncomfortable seats :D

Brasscatz
11-19-2013, 03:54 PM

I think Steve is probably right. Great excuse to sell a stripped down model, and it will sell quite well with the Willys name on it. Pretty much just like an endorsement. Also jeep may have found the answer to rekindle their reputation as "good 'ol jeep" that has been damaged with their new models... and they're doing it with a name decal ;)

Still, if I were to ever get a JK, this is the one I'd want :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

ArmyGuy45
11-19-2013, 04:18 PM
I cant believe how crazy expensives JKs are now. I picked up my 2008 2dr Rubicon for 27k in 2008. Now they are close to 40K:eek:

bluedragon436
11-19-2013, 05:35 PM
I don't see how they are worth that money... especially if you are planning on modifying it at all.. I had a friend when I was stationed in Germany, he bought an 04 Rubicon brand new, ended up swapping out the lockers, then later upgraded the axles completely, did a full LA lift setup, replaced rims/tires and even replaced the TC for a full upgraded case from one of the big name companies... I was like dude, you could have just bought a standard Wrangler done all the stuff you just did and saved yourself a good bit of money... and heck even put the Rubicon decal on the hood if you wanted too...

graverobberjk
11-20-2013, 07:35 AM

again I agree with you whole heartedly....I could understand if you did a retro body style and retro fabrication of parts and accesories but throwing Willys on a JK is just not right

graverobberjk
11-20-2013, 07:37 AM
I don't see how they are worth that money... especially if you are planning on modifying it at all.. I had a friend when I was stationed in Germany, he bought an 04 Rubicon brand new, ended up swapping out the lockers, then later upgraded the axles completely, did a full LA lift setup, replaced rims/tires and even replaced the TC for a full upgraded case from one of the big name companies... I was like dude, you could have just bought a standard Wrangler done all the stuff you just did and saved yourself a good bit of money... and heck even put the Rubicon decal on the hood if you wanted too...

thats why I bought a standard sport...no bells and whistles because I knew I was going to build it myself and make it better than any stock rubicon out there .... very well said

NW99XJ
11-22-2013, 09:02 AM
They at LEAST coulda thrown in some flat fenders.....sheesh.

4.3LXJ
11-22-2013, 10:00 AM
But then where would be the whine of the transfer case and the incredible fan noise?

graverobberjk
11-22-2013, 10:38 AM
I just think that all car companies need to leave the classics alone and stop trying to bring them back "new and improved".... best part of the classics are the stories behind them and thats any classic car, not just jeeps.... ok im off my soap box now