PDA

View Full Version : Lift Parts Identification (PO??)

Infidel Edition
11-06-2013, 09:28 AM
OK. So I've previously measured to know that I have a 4.5" lift in front.
And the lift in back has been sagging ~ or so I thought... but after digging around, I'm not sure it was ever lifted more than an inch.
Other than the wrong shocks arriving from Amazon (sent back and pending correct shocks), I have everything to do the 4.5" lift in back to match the front.:bacondance:

While reading around various threads, I started to wonder what the PO did on the front. And since I'm not a guru on all the parts, I don't know which are correct and which are :pray:
* It doesn't have any noticeable road issues. The alignment is good, smooth acceleration.
** visually, it does look like the camber is off (I'll have to take a pic)
** and I finally got around to dealing with the VacDisco (by adding a shim to lock the fork in place...) and for the first REAL time, used 4x4 on the highway. I'm not sure if there was a slight vibration on acceleration from the 4x4 or the icy and snowy roads (It was only slight and only on acceleration / at speed was smooth)
...It looks like the entire lift is from the springs (no spacers).

I'll try to get better pic's on a dry day / and maybe drop the skid plate. For now, this is what I have:

To know if it's stock vs. aftermarket (or junkyard finds), do I measure?
If so, what are the stock #'s on
Track Bar?
Sway Bars?
Pitman Arm?
Control arms?....

Infidel Edition
11-06-2013, 09:31 AM
....and the front break lines look sufficiently long vs. what I think stock is.
But I guess I'm not sure if they're longer or if he did the poor man's tube straightening to get the extra length.
Don't have a pic of them, but will add to my pic list.

4.3LXJ
11-06-2013, 09:45 AM
About all I can tell you there is the front springs are aftermarket, possibly Rubicon Express or Rough Country.

NW99XJ
11-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Looks like it could be a rough country or rubicon express lift, if I could see the control arms I might be able to tell for sure.
The grey springs and white shocks is why i'm leaning more towards Rough Country.
All of the steering looks to be bone stock... I dont even think thats a ZJ steering set up (which would be a junkyard upgrade)
Hard to tell though without seeing it. A pic from the front may help.

xj4life2
11-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Looks like a Rubicon RE 6020 kit with the Deutch Tech Shocks.

Infidel Edition
11-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Looks like it could be a rough country or rubicon express lift, if I could see the control arms I might be able to tell for sure.
The grey springs and white shocks is why i'm leaning more towards Rough Country.
All of the steering looks to be bone stock... I dont even think thats a ZJ steering set up (which would be a junkyard upgrade)
Hard to tell though without seeing it. A pic from the front may help.

I'll try to get some better pics this weekend.
:rolleye0012: or if you're free for 10 or 15 minutes this weekend ~ I could swing by and you could get a better view...
I'm going to hit the Pick'n Pull off Foster in hopes of finding some dash pieces and a smaller vacuum can.

My objective is to try and identify what needs to be fixed vs. what can hold off till I have more $$.

Infidel Edition
11-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Looks like a Rubicon RE 6020 kit with the Deutch Tech Shocks.

So if that's the kit... it would have Sway Bar Disco's?
... which would obviously be a sign that they weren't stock. Right?

After many of the PO issues that I've fixed, I'm not as confident in the lift as I previously was.

xj4life2
11-06-2013, 10:29 AM
The early 6020's did not some with disco's

XJ Wheeler
11-06-2013, 11:22 AM
From what i can tell

Stock upper control arms, extended sway bar links (not discos), aftermarket springs, adjustable track bar.

You can easily tell if the lower control arms are stock because they're stamped steel, aftermarket ones are tube.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Infidel Edition
11-06-2013, 12:38 PM
At 4.5", am I still good with stock upper control arms?
... and what's the cut off range before upgrading them would be "highly recommended"?

... and at 4.5", the lower would already be in the recommended to upgrade range... right?

4.3LXJ
11-06-2013, 01:07 PM
In theory your lower control arms are proper. The uppers only need to be upgraded if you want something stronger or if you go higher

Infidel Edition
11-06-2013, 07:47 PM
lower arms are beefy tubes. guessing 2"
so that should be good.

now if my correct rear shock show up!

thanks all,
just want to make sure it's correct ~ given the history of the PO's work

NW99XJ
11-07-2013, 09:19 AM
I'll try to get some better pics this weekend.
:rolleye0012: or if you're free for 10 or 15 minutes this weekend ~ I could swing by and you could get a better view...
I'm going to hit the Pick'n Pull off Foster in hopes of finding some dash pieces and a smaller vacuum can.

My objective is to try and identify what needs to be fixed vs. what can hold off till I have more $$.

By all means.... I only have a couple small things going on this weekend, so I'll be around. I'll PM u my contact info and we'll see if we can't work something out. (Sat might be the best for weather's sake)

dagr8tim
11-07-2013, 11:47 AM
I'd put my money on Rough Country.