PDA

View Full Version : Brake issue??

DRHCHEROKEE88
10-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Vehicle is an 88XJ. I put on extended steel braided lines that came with my 6.5 iro long arm kit. After it was all installed i went to bleed them only to notice a leak between the master cylinder and brake booster. So i went down bought a new master cylinder and wham it leaked in the same spot. So i get another new master cylinder and that cures the leak between the master cylinder and brake booster. I bleed the brakes going from furthest wheel to closest whell and have a good flow of and no air(i can gravity bleed with a steady flow). The brake pedal is stiff and has pressure when the jeep is NOT running but as soon as i start it the brakes go straight to the floor with no pressure. Turn the jeep back off and the brake pressure comes back again. Please help its the only thing holding me back from driving a 1 year project that i have finished.

Thanks in advance

4.3LXJ
10-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Can you pump them up by depressing the pedal more than once?

DRHCHEROKEE88
10-31-2013, 10:21 AM
Can you pump them up by depressing the pedal more than once?

Pumping it while it is running does not give it any more pressure. once the jeep is running nothing pressurizes the pedal. I even adjusted the rod thinking it was hanging the master cylinder open and its not that either.

4.3LXJ
10-31-2013, 10:28 AM
Have someone help you with the bleeding. I think you still have air in there. You need to bleed under pressure. If that doesn't do it, time for a new MC again

DRHCHEROKEE88
10-31-2013, 10:50 AM
Have someone help you with the bleeding. I think you still have air in there. You need to bleed under pressure. If that doesn't do it, time for a new MC again

Im going to try to pressure bleed with a air pressurized system next. I hope its just air and not more parts lol Thanks for the help