PDA

View Full Version : Welcome SkillsHunte!!!

cantab27
10-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Hi SkillsHunte, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

SkillsHunte
10-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Heyy there you Jeepers! Thanks for taking the time to invite me,Fun thing, its actually the first jeep forum i post on,Quick question, am i suppose to post about myselft and the beast on this post of am i making one for a presentation ?

Thanks

4.3LXJ
10-27-2013, 11:47 PM
There really isn't a supposed to. We are much more laid back than that. But yeah, we want to know about your Jeep and what plans you have for it. That is what this forum is all about

SkillsHunte
10-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Wow... well lets start from the begining...My name's seb, Im currently 19.English is'nt my first langage so you may guys see some faults here and there, i just learn about the forum from a really nice dude know as altomud i just met while listening to youtube video live about 25 mins ago . I work 7 days a week,2 jobs full time, wich does'nt leave me much time for hobbies.Jeeps,Guitars.... seems like i have expencive passions haha..Annnyways...

My dad has been in jeep stuff since im born,and as far as i can remmember, i wanted to build mine, I've lifted a few ones with my dad,My uncle and my brother,But now, its my time ;) About 2 Months ago, i bought myselft my first car,Obviusly a jeep, Pretty clean 01 black XJ with 240K on it, Alots of works to do, But thats what i was looking for, sumthing to learn on,Something i can make my experience on,Playing on someOne's toy can teach you alots, But nowhere like doing it all alone by your own...

Currently my jeep has hit 245K last week,Is now Half lifted from the back with a 4.5'' rough country suspension,Brand new leafs and shocks, new brake line sicne my brother kinda ''Pull off the old one un-wantedly?''<---No clue how you guys say this hahah,I still has my whole front suspension to do,wich is plan for this week,Bought the adj. Trackbar, the shock stabilizer, and since my Powerstering tube is messing up, i bought a new one, wich is, yet aggain still hanging becide my bed...I did the front brake job, still got the back ones to put in brand new....Thats about what i have/Have to complete for now...

Planing: Well the planning for right now is simple, Buy new winter tires,Then New offroad tires, wich im between 2 choice,BF Km2 33/10.5/15 or MT Baja claw TTC 33/12.5/15..Still thinking.I also have my driver side floor to do, got a drain the nature made...Aint gonna complain about it since it helped me once i put the jeep in a ''small'' water spot...Wich costed me 4 speaker thats i still have'nt repair.. got my Heater system thats also does'nt works,wich i gotta fix soon before winter and thats about it for to-do list in emergecy....

Thanks alots already for all your helps/comments guys
Seb

4.3LXJ
10-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Sounds like you are moving right along. What part of the world are you from Seb?

SkillsHunte
10-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Ooooh oups sorry,Im in canada,Quebec

4.3LXJ
10-28-2013, 12:17 AM
No problem. So French is your first language?

SkillsHunte
10-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Exxxact my friend :D Wich is kind of ironic since english is my favorite langage to talk/wright.....

4.3LXJ
10-28-2013, 12:21 AM
I tried to learn French once. It was a limited success, you know where you have no failures :D

SkillsHunte
10-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Haha Don't worry, Anyways most garage place and performance place will still name items by their english name...;)

Brasscatz
10-28-2013, 12:45 AM
Hello and welcome Seb! It was great talking to you in the podcast chat. Glad you joined up!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

SkillsHunte
10-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks man,Glad i joined the forum

Brasscatz
10-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Well, after I had asked if you had an xj on there, somehow the automatic comment updates got turned off, so I never saw any more comments from you or Alton! -sorry about that buddy

Mudderoy
10-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Well, after I had asked if you had an xj on there, somehow the automatic comment updates got turned off, so I never saw any more comments from you or Alton! -sorry about that buddy

I wish they'd add a real chat on there.

SkillsHunte
10-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Haaaaa....Well thanks, as for the chat, it lagged sometime but after some try it worked...

XJ Wheeler
10-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Hey Seb, welcome to xjtalk. Thanks for joining. We are a friendly forum. And we all had to start somewhere so feel free to ask questions about jeeps, the forum, etc. Go for it! If you would like you can post some pics of your rig. Sounds like its gonna be sweet!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

SkillsHunte
10-29-2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks wheeler, Glad i joined , as for pictures, they will comme along when ill do stuff on it, but since i have'nt touched it in a few day,im waiting to do something haha,If stuff goes well tomorow,i might work on the front part of the suspension and add you guys a few pictures,Heres a little preview tought

XJ Wheeler
10-29-2013, 12:20 AM
I like it! Pretty clean jeep!

SkillsHunte
10-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Well,theres alots of work i gotta do on it,Driver floor,Rocker panels ,probablyprevent the rust on the doors down part,Theres the hood im starting to considering the idea of putting a wrap on it, some1 draw a weird square-head face on it when it was full of mudd,but it seems like it scratched the hood and now its permanent...Theres my driver doors wich have a curve in it... my front bumper wich is also curved,but i don't mind this one since i plan on getting a Rough country stinger for the jeep...THeres the radio ans speakers im already looking to change looking for a roof rack slowly,Tires gotta be priority too but since its winter soon and im in canada, im stuck on buying a winter set first...Might as well go for all terains, would be a good inbetween mudd and snow....You guys know how it is, 250 things to do on a jeep, but the seccond you do one, 3 appears on the list,either mods or repairs...Anyways like i said, its on my free time, small project,Oooh and im also considering on buying a motorstand so i can learn while building a brand new engine,Might as well buy a use one, and put it like a new one... not sure for this idea tought since theres a MJ Buggy project probably comming...Depends on contracts comming tought haha

XJ Wheeler
10-29-2013, 07:06 AM
I hear ya! These things have so much you can do to them, and things they demand be done, that you never get ahead. Lol. I have the same rust issues and hate dealing with it, but it is really necessary to take care of it... especially in a unibody vehicle like these. My suggestion... get a good welder and start practicing. You will save a TON of money if you are looking to pay someone to replace even just those panels. And bonus! You can build that rack, bumper, whatever you can think of a lot easier!

I like the idea of building a motor to have ready to put in, it would be great experience while not a rush type thing. Although i bet the jeep will get jealous and find something else for you to do instead. :D

SkillsHunte
10-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the support mate,OMW to work, hopefully ill work on the jeep later on and ill show you some progress pictures

XJ Wheeler
10-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Sounds great, catch ya later.

SkillsHunte
10-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Heyy there guys, as i told Wheeler, today i worked on TakoLord,Yup we named it tako,spend a few hours outside working on front suspension, we did end-up installing suspension.Love the way 4.5 inches are way bigger than i toughts...Got a few pictures for you guys,No flex test yet since theres currentlly no allignments, No track-bar,No quick disconect yet.Plans being to send it for an allingments and for track-bar installation for this weekend, and quick disconnect ordering probably during the week....

XJ Wheeler
10-30-2013, 01:58 AM
Brings back memories when i first lifted mine. Lol

Looks good there bud! Its such a good feeling giving them some altitude!

4.3LXJ
10-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Tires, ya need tires :D

Not those little black doughnuts you have on the rims. :D

Looking good bud, one thing at a time

SkillsHunte
10-30-2013, 04:31 PM
I know right!,but i dont know how does it worw where you guys lives, but where i live, your tires gotta be tagged for winter.... so i can't put new tires on until after winter.... wich is'nt a bad thing, ill save money until then :D

4.3LXJ
10-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Did you check out those Goodyear Duratracs?

SkillsHunte
10-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Had no time yet sorry mate..

4.3LXJ
10-30-2013, 07:06 PM
I think those will fill the bill for you. I am lobbying my sone to buy them as he needs a good winter tire too

XJ Wheeler
10-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Yep, and they have that winter rating. But are still a great offroad tire while still plenty streetable.

SkillsHunte
10-31-2013, 06:21 PM
Is there any way i ask someOne to move this thread into the build section,Or does i really have to start a build one?

Brasscatz
10-31-2013, 06:39 PM
I can move part of it for you, but since the thread started out as your welcome thread, we'll leave that part in here. If you will start a new build thread with something simple and pm me the link, I'll move some of the posts over to that thread for you.

SkillsHunte
10-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Aiight, ill start a new one from scratch, no need to copy stuff, ill get better pictures on the way,thanks tought