PDA

View Full Version : 4wd

Tha_Rookie123
10-26-2013, 11:12 PM
hey guys,
I just got myself a new 4x4 xj!! however I was messing around with the 4wd and when id try to go back into 2wd from 4wd I was having trouble getting it to shift back. I try reversing it and driving forward for a little and after a while it sets back but ill try to turn and the back wheels seem to almost spin but don't move..?? it will like shake the whole car and squeels the tires while I try to make a sharp turn. is there any way to avoid this or make this go away??

4.3LXJ
10-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Is there a locker in that rear end?

Tha_Rookie123
10-26-2013, 11:42 PM
im not a hundred percent sure but its just the standard 4wd and 4lo

4.3LXJ
10-26-2013, 11:44 PM
From your description, it sounds like you may have a locker. A bonus for you if you do.

Mudderoy
10-28-2013, 11:57 AM
hey guys,
I just got myself a new 4x4 xj!! however I was messing around with the 4wd and when id try to go back into 2wd from 4wd I was having trouble getting it to shift back. I try reversing it and driving forward for a little and after a while it sets back but ill try to turn and the back wheels seem to almost spin but don't move..?? it will like shake the whole car and squeels the tires while I try to make a sharp turn. is there any way to avoid this or make this go away??

Take a moment and fill out your Jeep's information via User CP > Edit Your Details. That will help with future questions like what transfer case are you using?

On my NP242 I have a problem getting it from part time 4wd to 2wd. Going straight I slow to 20 mph, shift into neutral and then push the transfer case lever forward. Puts me back in 2wd 100% of the time now.

graverobberjk
10-29-2013, 10:41 AM
wow, I wish I would have stumbled across front or rear end lockers if thats the case lol