PDA

View Full Version : Temperature comments and making a child cry!!

dagod16
10-26-2013, 10:21 PM
For 12 year the jeep ran at exactly 210 degrees.

So I have this newer style thermostat installed on my jeep 01 xj.

It is designed to fail in the open position to prevent any damage caused from over heating. If it breaks in the closed position then the coolant doesn't circulate.

Tonight was 35 degrees out and we were driving for 35 minutes at about 60 MPH the whole time.

New radiator, water pump, and thermostat, and heater core and evap coil all last year, which I call the rough year!!! Now everything runs great.

So the temp pic I will attach has the needle at about 185 to 190 degrees or so. It sometimes moves a sliver up or down.

Is this normal? I have plenty of heat and everything seems to run real nice.
Any thoughts on the temp thing?

I'm also about to break 199K. 200K is about a month away which I will get a pick.

I parked the jeep in the garage and closed the garage door. My son came in the front door all happy and normal and as soon as he walked in from school I told him with a sad face that I sold the jeep. He started crying and kept saying how " I would save the jeep for him when he turns 16" O the tears. Jesus!!!!.. I said go look in the garage and see what I bought. He stomped his feet to the garage and on his way he said "just great now I'm gone end up with moms piece of junk!!!" (keep in mind i'm divorced and he is only 11) He opened the door and saw the jeep and came over and pushed me and said not funny!!!!

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha:smiley-taunt002:

dagod16
10-26-2013, 10:47 PM
The pics of my temp

Brasscatz
10-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Lol, nice prank! I would LOVE for my jeep to run those temps by the way. is it normal for an xj? Probably not since we usually have issues keeping temps at 210, but is it bad? Nope! I'd say you're very lucky!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

4.3LXJ
10-26-2013, 11:37 PM
That is the same temp gauge position the 98 TJ runs at when the outside temps are cool. Sounds good to me

olds-cool
10-26-2013, 11:57 PM
That's almost exactly where mine sits all the time.

bluedragon436
10-27-2013, 12:43 AM
That is nice to see those temps for sure... That is messed up to that is messed up though, crushing your son's hopes/dreams like that, but was a pretty good reply before he saw the Jeep though!!

Andrew XJ
10-27-2013, 02:54 AM
my coolant system is all stock that I know and I run between 140 and 160 when I'm doing 60 on the highway at 60 degrees outside. now that I think about it the only time the auxiliary fan kicks on is when I'm rock crawling in low range

dagod16
10-27-2013, 03:55 AM
Well I worry about the temp because it is the big gremlin in the jeep for many. I guess I'm worried that when it is -25 outside that it will not keep warm enough to produce heat.

Also since I am running cooler it should prevent a head crack and with the new thermostat it should never overheat. So My son should get a nice jeep with 280K on it in about 5 years. IT's almost 200K now and I add on 16K a year.

We are going to add a bunch of upgrades this upcoming summer.
heavy duty rear leafs
repairs to front spring isolator rubbers
a front brush guard
air horn with 20 different sounds
and other odds and ends.
It will be a nice summer.

I do think my tranny will last another 25 K and that's it.

Speaking of tranny. I went and sat in a toyota rav 4 and toyota camry both with 150K on them or more and they shifted horrible. My jeep shifts like it's new, just a little nudge into gear. Those above very hard clunks.

And has anyone at all noticed how expensive vehicles are, or am I being cheap. How can anyone afford a new vehicle!!!

Ya know as far as my son crying..... If you don't make your child cry once in a while then he will rule the home and not you. You are the boss. My son and I play this game called challenge for power. It goes like this. If he wants to be the boss he needs to stand in the living room which is our wrestling area and stretch out his arms and say" I challenge the boss for power of this house". I then wrestle with him for about 15 minutes then I get him in a position that he is locked into place and it slightly hurts but he won't give up, then I squeeze a bit hard and he will say let go and start to whimper and small tears... I will say" say it ... or I'm gonna squeeze harder" and finally he say" your the boss". and I let go and kiss him on the forehead and walk away. It's fun and serious at the same time.

I'm a teacher and you better make sure your kids know who is da boss or they will walk all over you!!!
Also tell them that everything in this house in mine, even your toys, your socks, and every single item you own is mine!!! with an evil chuckle and he will get mad but tough poopies. I just choose to let you use my stuff.
hahahahahahahahahaahahahah

nickyg
10-27-2013, 12:46 PM
That's about what my temp gauge shows this time a year. But my speedo is currently on zero.

dagod16
10-28-2013, 04:35 AM
Well im glad mine is running so well then.