PDA

View Full Version : Want different back seats.

grimhelm
10-26-2013, 01:20 PM
I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee and I was wondering if anybody knows if a Grand Cherokees back seats will bolt right in or if they might need some persuasion.

Brasscatz
10-26-2013, 01:21 PM
I think I've heard of people switching them. I think there's a slight bit of modification. The other common mod is people add the headrests from a GC back seat to their XJ seats... but that takes modification too.

drakan1908
10-26-2013, 01:41 PM
A friend of mine wanted to do this and we looked at my Grand and his XJ. Not impossible but definitely not a bolt in deal

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

drakan1908
10-26-2013, 01:47 PM
I think the width was biggest problem. It's been several years ago and my memory isn't what it once was.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

grimhelm
11-29-2013, 11:54 AM
I found the same color of leather seats at Pick n Pull. You were right on the width on the bottom seats. The top half of the seats bolted in okay. That was the best part for me. I wanted to have taller seats in the back for my daughter. The back bench was really short and when she fell asleep she would wake up with a kink in her neck. The new top half is 4.5" inches taller and then the head rest. I has a 60/40 split and a armrest. I had to drill 6 new holes to mount the top. The bottom was to wide and would have required to much modification to make it look right. It accomplished my goal plus I got the 60/40 split only on the top. So I can drop half the top seat and still have my daughter in the back seat. I have to take out the head rests if I want to drop the whole back seat flat. It looks like it came that way and she is happier, no neck kink.

ArmyGuy45
11-29-2013, 01:01 PM
I found the same color of leather seats at Pick n Pull. You were right on the width on the bottom seats. The top half of the seats bolted in okay. That was the best part for me. I wanted to have taller seats in the back for my daughter. The back bench was really short and when she fell asleep she would wake up with a kink in her neck. The new top half is 4.5" inches taller and then the head rest. I has a 60/40 split and a armrest. I had to drill 6 new holes to mount the top. The bottom was to wide and would have required to much modification to make it look right. It accomplished my goal plus I got the 60/40 split only on the top. So I can drop half the top seat and still have my daughter in the back seat. I have to take out the head rests if I want to drop the whole back seat flat. It looks like it came that way and she is happier, no neck kink.

I would like to see progress pics if you took them or at least pics of the end results.