PDA

View Full Version : Leveling

Blurple 2Door XJ
10-17-2013, 06:27 PM
I bought my XJ and it already had a 3 inch Fabtech.. I'm not for sure if it was thw full kit that was installed because it doesn't set level. The front is lower than the back. Could I just buy a spacer for the front and level it out until I get the lift I'm wanting?

4.3LXJ
10-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Sure

Brasscatz
10-17-2013, 08:24 PM
That's what I would do

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Blurple 2Door XJ
10-18-2013, 12:18 PM
I may just get a two inch block for the back and 3inch spacer for the front so I can go ahead and put my new tires on.. I'm tired of waiting on me buying a new lift.. haha

Mudderoy
10-18-2013, 12:26 PM
I may just get a two inch block for the back and 3inch spacer for the front so I can go ahead and put my new tires on.. I'm tired of waiting on me buying a new lift.. haha

Steve will correct me on this, if I'm remember incorrectly, but the leaf springs on a Cherokee are took weak for a block that is over 1". Blocks are generally a bad idea, as it can lead to leaf wrap and drive line failure. You'd be better off with a 2 or 3" shackle, but then you have to be concerned about your pinion angle.

xj4life2
10-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Steve will correct me on this, if I'm remember incorrectly, but the leaf springs on a Cherokee are took weak for a block that is over 1". Blocks are generally a bad idea, as it can lead to leaf wrap and drive line failure. You'd be better off with a 2 or 3" shackle, but then you have to be concerned about your pinion angle.

I'm not Steve but couldn't agree more, blocks in my opinion are a last resort , they break, spit out, cause axle wrap and make the ride rough.1" is the max. make sure its a solid , not cast block also.

4.3LXJ
10-18-2013, 02:28 PM
I guess it is time for Steve to chime in. You would be much better off and spend less money making a bastard pack from some Chevy S10 leaves. They will give you a nice 3.5" or 4.5" depending on if you use the cut down main leaf or not. And you will not have to buy new U bolts

Blurple 2Door XJ
10-18-2013, 09:00 PM
I have 3 inch lift Fab-tech leafs in the rear.. with wedges for the right pinion angle.. ill probably just throw some shackle under it for now.. See I have a new set of 33x13.50s to go under it and its going to be a while before I can get the lift I want so I was just going to do this for now..