PDA

View Full Version : Cigars

denverd1
10-15-2013, 03:45 PM
I've enjoyed the occasional stogie at weddings and bachelor parties, but I'm looking to keep a few on-hand. So that means humidor. just curious if any enjoy a cigar with any regularity. Where you're getting them (online)? and whats your current stick of choice as well a good ole go-to favorites. Just bought a nice little humidor and a Rocky Patel sampler to get things started. Post up what you're puffing!

Might as well include your favorite whiskey/scotch that it goes with

Paddletrucker
10-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Romeo & Julietta is a pretty good one.

I like anything from CAO, pretty much. I've been smoking a pipe, lately, and it has replaced my cigars.

<edit!!!> Scotch, I like Dewars or Chivas. Whiskey? Knob Creek or Maker's Mark. Canadian? Pendleton Reserve or Forty Creek Barrel Select. Rum....Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 BEST EVER!!

denverd1
10-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Nice Nate. On your recommendation, I'm ordering some CAO.

Maker's Mark is my standard whiskey. Knob Creek or Woodford Reserve for sippin. Forty Creek is DAMN good for the $$.

Brasscatz
10-15-2013, 05:55 PM
I'll have to try out the Forty Creek! As for Scotch, I've not been able to match Cadenhead's Highland Blend. It is cask strength and tastes like the best single malt I've had even though it's blended. The bad part is you can only pick it up at Cadenhead's in Edinburgh, Scotland... So the others that I really like are Deanston's Highland Single Malt 12yr, Deanston's Virgin Oak 10yr, Glenmorangie Original and I also enjoy some of the MacAllan scotches. Regular whiskey I love Maker's Mark and Jameson. If anything, I recommend the Deanston's first. We visited the distillery last summer and it was an amazing experience!

I used to smoke cigars every once in a while, but never anything special. I did have Kinky Freidman's brand and it was pretty good I suppose. I too went to a pipe (in attempts to quit cigarettes back in the day) and I found that going to your local tobacco shop and giving each one a good sniff helped me out a bunch. They can also suggest cigars for you too.

denverd1
11-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Enjoyed a CAO Italia GOL last night. great flavor and smooth for being a dark robusto. Can't get enough Rocky Patel's Connecticut or 5 Vegas High Primings. Highly recommended.

Also tried Willet's bourbon. They've been bottling for ages but just released their own line of bourbon. Moderately priced and incredibly smooth. Check it out.

abebehrmann
11-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Not much of a cigar smoker but I do like a glass of bourbon or an old-fashioned every once in a while. My go to bourbon is Bulleit. Hard to find a better tasting bourbon for the price (~$25 a bottle where I'm at). I actually prefer it over Maker's Mark.

Brasscatz
11-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Seeing this thread again reminded me that I didn't post a pic last time ;)

The Scottish Leader is a blended that I use to mix ginger ale and lime... because I don't like blended unless it's Cadenhead's

lthamm
11-18-2013, 04:46 PM
I enjoy a CAO blondie every now and then is by far my favorite cigar and I don't always drink whiskey but when I do I drink bullet.

denverd1
11-18-2013, 07:09 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/19/musateta.jpg
Willett up front, seriously damn good bourbon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk