PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Black89!!!

EekGirl96
10-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Hi Black89, :welcome: to the :xjtalk: forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

Black89
10-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I've got an 89' renix that I picked up for @ $1700.00. It was repainted about two years ago by the PO and is rust 100% rust free. (no road salt in Eastern Washington State) So far I have cut the front fenders and rear quarters have been cut and rolled. Spectre cowl induction kit installed, Ford 3.8 V6 injectors, Full connector and ground refresh, new front axle u-joints, new front rotors, new TPS, used 90' TCU, bobbed the bumpers for now, relocated Vac canister into the engine bay, Bed liner'd the rear quarters and front fenders, removed front and rear sway bars, removed the cruise control, pulled the cloth of the head liner and sprayed the backing board with bed liner and reinstalled. I think that about covers it for now. Oh almost forgot, All side trim has now been removed as well....

4.3LXJ
10-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Sounds like it is headed for serious use. Got pics?

Black89
10-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Pic's added and lots of stuff to do yet.

Black89

XJ Wheeler
10-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Man, that's a clean jeep. Almost a shame to cut it. :rolleyes: Nah... :D

Welcome to xjtalk!

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

4.3LXJ
10-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Pic's added and lots of stuff to do yet.

Black89

I have those same wheels and grill :D

On those wheels, I painted the inside of the spokes charcoal black. Kind of sets then off

Black89
10-12-2013, 10:25 AM
I got the aluminum's from a buddy for free. They weren't in the greatest shape so I gave em' a bath with muriatic acid and then sprayed them with a bright silver rattle can paint job. Same paint was used on the grille and headlamp bezels. It's temporary for now. The nose will get blacked out in the spring and I have a set of stock steels that are getting a fresh coat of black as well.

Black89

EekGirl96
10-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Welcome to the forum!!! Nice looking xj you got there :) planning on lifting it (I hope :D)

Black89
10-12-2013, 11:56 AM
4.5 RC with new rear packs and adjustable upper and lower control arms are sitting in the garage. Just need to order up some Blisteins for it. Lift is going in until next spring. I still need to put new ball joints in and make sure the rest of the front is solid. Also gonna go through the rear axle and upgrade to rear disc's. I've also got another complete engine that I plan on having rebuilt. I was body man for 15 yrs., drove wrecker for 5 yrs. and grew up with a father who was a mechanic for 40 yrs. so wrenching, fixing, welding, or what ever comes natural i guess.

Black89

bluedragon436
10-12-2013, 01:40 PM
:welcome: to :xjtalk: from Delaware... That is a nice looking XJ you got there, and some awesome plans... Look forward to seeing it progress!!

Black89
10-12-2013, 08:23 PM
:welcome: to :xjtalk: from Delaware... That is a nice looking XJ you got there, and some awesome plans... Look forward to seeing it progress!!

Again thanks for the warm welcomes guys and gals. Progress is going slow right now as fall sets in. I need to get the ball joints done soon, anything more than a half tank of gas and it'll go bonkers at 55 MPH. Full tank weight transfer is enough to lighten the front and get the joints floating. Then after that it's on to my new front bumper which I have completely built out of cardboard at the moment. One I finish the templates for the frame mounts it'll get cut back apart so my buddy can take all the templates to work and use their metal shears to cut the parts out. Once that'd done then the welding will begin. I still need to cut and bend up the rear quarters as well but that may be put off until spring to.

lot's to do and lot's planned for the future.

4.3LXJ
10-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Good luck on that bumper. It is nice you have access to nice equipment to do it though. It will take lots of the work out of it

Black89
10-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Good luck on that bumper. It is nice you have access to nice equipment to do it though. It will take lots of the work out of it

Yeah having access to hydro shears is a big plus. Snapping steel is so much faster than and cleaner than say a torch, plasma cutter or worse yet a cut off wheel. LOL I took about 4 hours to put the templates together and I would guess another couple to finish the main brackets up. The other bonus is that it'll be made from all off the scrap metal they have lying around so that will help keep the cost way down.

Black89

4.3LXJ
10-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Scrap is great. Both of mine are made from free scrap