PDA

View Full Version : Search Engine

horacec
10-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Is there a search engine for finding old articles? I'm a newbee and don't want to ask a bunch of "old" questions that have a "should have been reading two+ years ago". If there is none? Here is my first question. My outside temp digital reads -21 degrees and it's 70 outside. I understand that the sensor is in front of the radiator on the drivers side, but do I just go ahead and replace it? I'm pretty tall and I need more leg room, can I make more room on the drivers seat. Oh, 2000 Cherokee Classic is my jeep.
Thanks
Horace

Brasscatz
10-01-2013, 03:21 PM
There is a search button on the navigation bar across the top, but have no fear... xjtalk will never bash you for being a newbie. We all started somewhere. We will never bash you for asking any questions no matter how silly you think they are. Please, ask away and anybody that can help will help.

As for your question, I'm not positive since I've never messed with that thermometer. I would assume replacement might be in order, but double check you are in the right units, degrees Fahrenheit and not Celsius or something like that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

4.3LXJ
10-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Yeah Horace, that temp sensor probably needs to be replaced. As for more leg room, you can move the seat back by unbolting it and drilling some new holes for it. Brace the bolts with new washers made from any pieces of 1/8" steel flat iron underneath. If you can score an electric seat you can run it down all the way for more head room too

Mudderoy
10-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Is there a search engine for finding old articles? I'm a newbee and don't want to ask a bunch of "old" questions that have a "should have been reading two+ years ago". If there is none? Here is my first question. My outside temp digital reads -21 degrees and it's 70 outside. I understand that the sensor is in front of the radiator on the drivers side, but do I just go ahead and replace it? I'm pretty tall and I need more leg room, can I make more room on the drivers seat. Oh, 2000 Cherokee Classic is my jeep.
Thanks
Horace

Ask away no one here is going to give you a hard time for asking the same question someone else has asked.

But to answer your question directly, the best search I have found is to go to google. Type in something like "xjtalk.com digital temp gauge" That will make your search must faster and more accurate than using the built in search from the navbar. I usually use the site's search first then open a new tab and search google.

Firemanray
10-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Yep, everyone on this site is always very helpful. If you want to get flamed just go on over to Pirate 4x4, they're ruthless over there.

I would try the sensor, I don't know much about that system but it seems logical to start with the sensor.

XJ Wheeler
10-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Maybe a little too friendly... you guys keep beating me to help out. :D

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

horacec
10-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Hey everyone,
Thanks for the tips. I'm going to look for a pair of electric seats. I'm jeep poor. One 1996 Grand Cherokee, one 2000 Cherokee Classic and one 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited. I like the 2000 best of all. Just got it in July with 75,000 miles. I spend a lot of time in my Jeeps, the '96 has 350,000 miles and the 2005 has 224,000 miles. Groan, and I put them all on myself. Only a few issues and I'm getting what I need here at xjtalk.com. You folks are great.
Horace

nickyg
10-02-2013, 12:37 PM
If your temp is displaying -21. The first thing I would check is to see if your in Antarctica. you may have made a wrong turn at that last light.

horacec
10-03-2014, 01:40 PM
A YEAR LATER:
Hey thanks. The sensor under the radiator fixed the temp issue. My next project was to get the cruise control system since my Jeep did not have one and I wanted to install the factory system before going on a long road trip. Well, thanks to everyone here, I got all of the parts needed. Got a friend to help me take the steering wheel off and followed instructions from jxTalk. I did get all of the parts installed and hooked up, BUT, the cruise light did not come on and the cruise control did not work. I had the West coast to East coast trip already planned so 6,900 miles later without cruise control. I came back in late August and started going over all of the instruction threads and came across a note that the steering wheel switches have to be for the 2000 and not before 1999 or something like that. I guess the resistance in the switches are not the same. OK. Thanks again everyone. I'm back in El Cajon and waiting to take another road trip, "after" I get the cruise control fixed.

horacec
10-03-2014, 01:48 PM
So,
looking for the right steering wheel cruise control switches. If anyone knows where I might find them. Thanks
Horace