PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the help!

EricT93
09-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Thanks to everbody that's helped with my transmission situation. I ended up picking up a numbers matching AX15 from a local junk yard, and did the swap lastnight. I also replaced the clutch set and flywheel while the trans was out and boy what a difference it made! Before I had a violent chatter/vibration when taking off from a stop, which I attribute to the clutch slipping and with the syncros all slowly dying, driving was not fun. Now with the parts, it drives like a dream! The clutch is firm yet smooth, and the transmission shifts well up and down the gears. So to everybody that helped, thank you!

Mudderoy
09-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks to everbody that's helped with my transmission situation. I ended up picking up a numbers matching AX15 from a local junk yard, and did the swap lastnight. I also replaced the clutch set and flywheel while the trans was out and boy what a difference it made! Before I had a violent chatter/vibration when taking off from a stop, which I attribute to the clutch slipping and with the syncros all slowly dying, driving was not fun. Now with the parts, it drives like a dream! The clutch is firm yet smooth, and the transmission shifts well up and down the gears. So to everybody that helped, thank you!

It might be a good thing to look inside that transmission. You also may find that it's something easy to fix and if you do, you'll have a spare ready to go should you have this issue again.

bluedragon436
09-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Glad to hear you were able to get it all up and going smoothly again Eric... And like Tony said... take a look inside it, if it is easy/cheap enough to rebuild have a spare fresh trans ready to go in case it's needed one day....