PDA

View Full Version : Coils & Leafs (headed to the junkyard)

XJMikey
09-24-2013, 01:30 PM
I've given into doing ZJ coils with 2" spacers and S10 bastard pack to get an affordable 2" lift*with*my worn out suspension.

Anyways, will any good condition ZJ coils do? Or do I need V8 coils to get the 1/2" - 1" lift? Or should I order new coils since I'll be using a 2" spacer?Also, will any S10 leafs do? Or should I look for a certain year range?

prerunner1982
09-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Here you go, perhaps this will help a bit.

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5646

XJMikey
09-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Here you go, perhaps this will help a bit.

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5646

Thanks. That helps a lot. I need to work on mobile searching. Lol

Brasscatz
09-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks. That helps a lot. I need to work on mobile searching. Lol

No worries man, if you need help finding something, don't hesitate to ask

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

XJMikey
09-24-2013, 03:22 PM
No worries man, if you need help finding something, don't hesitate to ask

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Thanks. I'd rather ask than waste money. Lol

bluedragon436
09-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Thanks. I'd rather ask than waste money. Lol

As do we all!! That is why we are here, to hopefully help each other out and keep them from making the same mistakes that we have made ourselves, or seen over the years during our own research in the process of making our XJ's what we want them to be!!

XJMikey
09-24-2013, 08:51 PM
As do we all!! That is why we are here, to hopefully help each other out and keep them from making the same mistakes that we have made ourselves, or seen over the years during our own research in the process of making our XJ's what we want them to be!!

And all that information has taken my XJ from stock to having trimmed fenders that clear 31's stock and quarter panels that no longer have big rust holes letting in the elements.

Plus I don't get bashed for reposting stuff like certain other forums. Lol

4.3LXJ
09-24-2013, 08:53 PM
Nope, no bashing. Well, maybe trail bashing .................

nickyg
09-24-2013, 09:29 PM
I used just 1 leaf from an s10. The one right below the one with ears I guess you can call it the second one down from the top. I got 2 inches just from that

I also used 2 inch spacers in front.

I've been driving it for 3 years now with no problems so far. best $50 I spent.
Good luck

XJMikey
09-25-2013, 08:31 PM
I used just 1 leaf from an s10. The one right below the one with ears I guess you can call it the second one down from the top. I got 2 inches just from that

I also used 2 inch spacers in front.

I've been driving it for 3 years now with no problems so far. best $50 I spent.
Good luck

Thanks. My new 31's stuff with no rub with the factory leafs and rear sway bar in place, but I'm ditch the sway bar soon so I'm going to need at least a 2" lift for the rear. The front looks fine, but I haven't flexed it unhooked... so who knows. Lol

Nope, no bashing. Well, maybe trail bashing .................

That's a given. Lol