PDA

View Full Version : Antifreeze

Tristan89xj
09-18-2013, 01:30 PM
im leaking alot of coolant out of the front of my jeep. i changed the lower hose that was for sure leaking some but i still is leaking out of the passenger side. my dad said it may be my weep hole in my water pump does anyone have any pictures of the location of the weep hole or any suggestions

Brasscatz
09-18-2013, 01:34 PM
where on the passenger side? Does it look like it's coming from under the radiatior? That could be the petcock/drainplug on the radiator, the upper hose (may not be tight enough), further towards the back it could be your heater core, could be either heater hoses (though those are closer to the middle as is your water pump).

Brasscatz
09-18-2013, 01:38 PM
forgot to add that it could also be your coolant reservoir bottle or the skinny hose that's on it. That would be further towards the back passenger side as well like your heater core.

Carves
09-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Weep hole is on the front of the pump casting ... behind the disc that the belt pulley mounts on.

Should be a telltale stain if its leaking.

Might be worth checking the area around the radiator inlet, too ... the plastic tanks are known to crack with age and heat.

Tristan89xj
10-09-2013, 06:12 AM
It was the weather pump after all. I found a huge leak there, changed it and now it's doing ok this will my first day of real driving thx