PDA

View Full Version : E12 Wrench?

ranchand58
09-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Remember my overheating 2000? Yep, cracked head, where would you buy a new head? Also decided to overhaul since I'm this far into it (172k mi.) So, need an overhaul kit. O'reilly's ok? AND it requires an E12 "external torx" wrench for the two bolts at the top of the bell housing to remove the motor. Harbour freight has discontinued the set, Sears has a "universal" set that lists the E12, but the corresponding 10mm does NOT work (it just rounded the shoulders a bit). Found one on Amazon for about $20. Any suggestions for another place to get the E12? Really don't want to drop $20 for a wrench I'll use just once. These bolts will be replaced with something else when I get them out.

This forum has been very helpful for me and I really appreciate it.

ranchand58 :patriot:

OrangeXJ
09-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Remember my overheating 2000? Yep, cracked head, where would you buy a new head? Also decided to overhaul since I'm this far into it (172k mi.) So, need an overhaul kit. O'reilly's ok? AND it requires an E12 "external torx" wrench for the two bolts at the top of the bell housing to remove the motor. Harbour freight has discontinued the set, Sears has a "universal" set that lists the E12, but the corresponding 10mm does NOT work (it just rounded the shoulders a bit). Found one on Amazon for about $20. Any suggestions for another place to get the E12? Really don't want to drop $20 for a wrench I'll use just once. These bolts will be replaced with something else when I get them out.

This forum has been very helpful for me and I really appreciate it.

ranchand58 :patriot:

look at ebay I saw them starting at 2 bucks

Firemanray
09-07-2013, 11:12 PM
I'll try to get a picture of the the one I fabbed up recently. I couldn't get those 2 bolts to budge so I welded a socket into a wrench and it worked great.