PDA

View Full Version : Quick track bar question

Andrew XJ
09-01-2013, 11:34 PM
I am about to lift my Jeep 3 inches do I need a longer track bar

bigjim350
09-01-2013, 11:42 PM
No you should be fine. Might move the axle to one side just a little bit, but shouldnt really be able to notice it.

4.3LXJ
09-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Yes and no. I used my stock bar for years with a 3" lift. If you want, you can re drill some new holes for it.

oderdene
09-01-2013, 11:51 PM
i am on ~4.5" now, drilled hole for trackbar relocation

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fMLi6wt2wcY/Tb6tMkz9W8I/AAAAAAAABm0/2rNh6kUY11g/s1600/IMG_0436.JPG

axle is bit off center, but it is almost unnoticeable.

Carves
09-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Afer the little 2" lift on mine ... the slight misalignment of the axle doesn't seem to be an issue.

... but ... my overly imaginative mind - is suggesting that control arm and stabiliser bushes, and even tyre rubbing on full lock ... would be better off - if everything was pointing straight ahead ... instead of being slightly askew and under sideways pressure.

... so when I get motivated - I'll slap in the adjustable panhard rod/trackbar, thats sitting on the shelf.

nickyg
09-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Afer the little 2" lift on mine ... the slight misalignment of the axle doesn't seem to be an issue.

... but ... my overly imaginative mind - is suggesting that control arm and stabiliser bushes, and even tyre rubbing on full lock ... would be better off - if everything was pointing straight ahead ... instead of being slightly askew and under sideways pressure.

... so when I get motivated - I'll slap in the adjustable panhard rod/trackbar, thats sitting on the shelf.

What track bar did you get? I have been looking for one that will work on my 2 inch lift. but everyone I seen says for 3" or bigger.

Carves
09-02-2013, 10:22 AM
What track bar did you get? I have been looking for one that will work on my 2 inch lift. but everyone I seen says for 3" or bigger.

Its sold as a 3" one ... and its a RHD one, from some mob down here ... needs a little trimming.