PDA

View Full Version : Engine rebuild??

Shaneman
08-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Hello! I have just sold my 88 xj. Now have new to me project in driveway....
Drove it 20 miles to my house no problem. Sat for 2 day.. Drove around the block and noticed temp rising... Got back to driveway and now a puddle of oil under jeep. I can't tell where its coming from but not upset. I am not a mechanic but I am looking forward to fixing the problem. I'm in Austin, TX Anybody else from Austin?
Oh! Now I have a 1996 xj stock no lift or anything... Thanks and any suggestions on where to start first? :smiley-scared003:

S

Mudderoy
08-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Hello! I have just sold my 88 xj. Now have new to me project in driveway....
Drove it 20 miles to my house no problem. Sat for 2 day.. Drove around the block and noticed temp rising... Got back to driveway and now a puddle of oil under jeep. I can't tell where its coming from but not upset. I am not a mechanic but I am looking forward to fixing the problem. I'm in Austin, TX Anybody else from Austin?
Oh! Now I have a 1996 xj stock no lift or anything... Thanks and any suggestions on where to start first? :smiley-scared003:

S

Well you had an 88, so you know the usual suspects. Rear main seal, or oil filter adapter "o" rings. :D

4.3LXJ
08-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Check that valve cover gasket too