PDA

View Full Version : Death Wobble and body panels

Sweep88
08-24-2013, 09:22 AM
I just learned what the "Death Wobble" is and am experiencing it again in my 98 Cherokee. Its not to the "death" point yet but I can feel ill have to deal with it soon. Are there any bullet proof signs that will help me pinpoint and fix the problem? I absolutely love love love my Jeep and also want to fix body rust, replace rocker panels and re-paint, probably this winter. Where is the best place to buy replacement panels?

I appreciate all of you and this forum. What a great site!!!

Sweeper :patriot:

ArmyGuy45
08-24-2013, 09:39 AM
I just learned what the "Death Wobble" is and am experiencing it again in my 98 Cherokee. Its not to the "death" point yet but I can feel ill have to deal with it soon. Are there any bullet proof signs that will help me pinpoint and fix the problem? I absolutely love love love my Jeep and also want to fix body rust, replace rocker panels and re-paint, probably this winter. Where is the best place to buy replacement panels?

I appreciate all of you and this forum. What a great site!!!

Sweeper :patriot:

Is there a lift? Wheels balanced?

4.3LXJ
08-24-2013, 09:58 AM
The best thing to do is get someone to saw the steering wheel back and forth with the engine running while you look at the steering components. Look for things like track bar bushings etc that move when they shouldn't

Sweep88
08-25-2013, 03:16 AM
Is there a lift as in a lift kit? No. As far as I can tell, the wheels are balanced perfectly. As I'm driving and take my hands off the wheel, it runs straight and true the tires are all new. I just got this Jeep 2 weeks ago so Im still learning it. When I hit a bump... crap! Kinda scary at times. Pulled over for sure if a cop was behind me.

ArmyGuy45
08-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Is there a lift as in a lift kit? No. As far as I can tell, the wheels are balanced perfectly. As I'm driving and take my hands off the wheel, it runs straight and true the tires are all new. I just got this Jeep 2 weeks ago so Im still learning it. When I hit a bump... crap! Kinda scary at times. Pulled over for sure if a cop was behind me.

Missing sway bar?