PDA

View Full Version : Greasing flex joints

07Negative
08-23-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm having a complete brain fart at the moment. I installed my long arms as of yesterday. Its a TNT kit. Where the lower control arms connect to the belly pan is a joint that needs to be greased (flex joint?). Is there a better quality grease to use or just any ol' stuff from the auto parts store will work? I need to buy a grease gun. As I don't have one.

Is it a really bad idea to drive on them without greasing them? And would there be a noise made if I drove the vehicle without greasing? The reason I ask, is b/c I did a little test drive down the street about 100 yards and I heard a rough noise that was not there before. I assumed it is friction, but at the same time it kind of reminded me of a wheel bearing noise.

bigjim350
08-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Any grease should work. I usually use marine grade grease on most places to keep out mud and water. If you drive it without grease it will wear out the joints much faster.

07Negative
08-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Name brand/quality doesn't matter then. Can this Marine grade stuff be picked up at any ol' store? Pardon my naive question. I appreciate your help.

4.3LXJ
08-23-2013, 07:39 PM
I use a waterproof grease that is compatible with regular grease. Seems to last in the joints better than regular grease

OrangeXJ
08-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Name brand/quality doesn't matter then. Can this Marine grade stuff be picked up at any ol' store? Pardon my naive question. I appreciate your help.

should be able to get it at any auto parts store

bulrid8
08-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Look for mean green. It is a great waterproof grease.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Dredwolf
08-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I had this same question, installing the Andy's track bar today, and needed to grease the joint.

Time to buy another grease gun...

07Negative
08-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Now I'm running into getting the damn grease gun to fit the nipple. It won't go on! Are there adapters to fit sizes?