PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with my AC!?

sexjay
08-21-2013, 03:26 PM
ok so I saw this green liquid on my floor passenger floor mat today and didn't think anything of it till I saw it was dripping from something right behind the glove box...what is that thing anyway?? so I popped the hood and sure enough green stuff all over the ac piping or whatever that's called. :bang: so has anyone had this happen or do you know what happened here?? :confused:

4.3LXJ
08-21-2013, 03:41 PM
It looks like oil or dye that doesn't need UV light. Is it working?

sexjay
08-21-2013, 03:44 PM
It looks like oil or dye that doesn't need UV light. Is it working?

I recharged it about a month ago and now it is back to the same..barely works

4.3LXJ
08-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Well, then it leaks. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but probably your evaporator coil leaks. Dash has to be removed to replace it.. That accumulator doesn't look good either

sexjay
08-21-2013, 07:38 PM
ok well what is the evaporator coil and what is the accumulator? ha I literally know nothing about ac so anything will help thanks!

4.3LXJ
08-21-2013, 07:42 PM
The evap core is sort of like a minature radiator located in the heater/blower housing underneath the glove box. It get cold and if you blow air past it the air gets cold. The accumulator is that cylinder with the AC lines coming out of it. If does what its name says, it accumulates and stores liquid refrigerant

sexjay
08-22-2013, 01:51 PM
ok got it thanks..looks like im going without ac for a while....good thing were coming up on fall/winter/spring hahaha

Mudderoy
08-22-2013, 02:01 PM
ok got it thanks..looks like im going without ac for a while....good thing were coming up on fall/winter/spring hahaha

http://youtu.be/P3LgsmyHvQM