PDA

View Full Version : Ball joints and/or tie rod ends

sexjay
08-19-2013, 08:36 PM
not sure if this is the right section but o well..so recently I've been hearing some popping from my front end (seems to be passenger side) when I back up and sometime when I turn. I've also heard some creaking/cracking noises from the front end while turning or sometimes driving straight on a rough road....wondering if you guys have any tips on this..thinking about ordering ball joints and TREs soon. I've also heard of people replacing there control arm bushings??..not sure why that would make a difference but worth asking. thanks.
:smiley-angry021:

4.3LXJ
08-19-2013, 09:15 PM
It all works together. But before you spend money, I suggest you get under there and have somebody steer it lock to lock. That can help pinpoint it. Other culprits, track bar bushing will give a popping sound sometimes. Mine did. Also passenger side coil spring rubbing on the sway bar.

sexjay
08-19-2013, 09:18 PM
well I just ordered a new adjustable track bar so hopefully that helps and I know it is not the sway bar

nateyz2000
08-19-2013, 09:31 PM
My control arm bushings need replacement, they pop and crack...

sexjay
08-19-2013, 09:41 PM
ha well then....maybe I should check my upper control arms too then because I just replaced the bottom ones with the lift. buuuuuut im looking to get long arms too so if that's the case I guess ill just get some long arms:D