PDA

View Full Version : xjtalk t-shirts?

Mudderoy
08-15-2013, 01:53 PM
I think I have found the perfect solution to the :xjtalk: t-shirt question.

I've tried asking how many people would be interested in a t-shirt, and then tried pricing it, etc... It was just too much of a personal cash outlay and no guarantee that people would actually buy the t-shirt. Bottom line we never did it.

Recently I saw a post on Facebook about a t-shirt to help build Stomper, the Bryan Hutton JK Wrangler that was devastated along with Moore Oklahoma during the F5 tornado that struck in May(?) of 2013.

I checked into it to use for :xjtalk: and here's my understanding of how it works.

I set up a t-shirt. I set the price (based on their limits), and then I activate the campaign. During a time window (up to 30 days) people can order t-shirts. There is a stated goal, but (at least in our case) we have to have 20 t-shirt orders before they print and ship the orders!

So if only 19 t-shirts are ordered during the campaign window, they will NOT print and NOT ship (or charge you) for the t-shirt(s) that you ordered.

3370 3371

This is not officially available yet, but could be as early as tomorrow. I have set the price of the t-shirts at $25 and shipping is $5. Other than designing the t-shirt and telling you about it, I won't have anything else to do with the shirts.

Handy for me (no shipping duties) and it's a decent price for a custom t-shirt.

The great thing is if you don't think it's a decent price you don't have to order and if there aren't enough orders no one pays, plus I'm not sitting at home looking at 50 unpurchased t-shirts! :D

NW99XJ
08-15-2013, 01:58 PM
I'll be in for at least one.
.....As soon as they're available of course.

This sounds like a great way to support the site peeps!

SeniorGustas
08-15-2013, 02:01 PM
id also love to have one!

reddragon72
08-15-2013, 02:15 PM
can we choose a color for the shirt?

Mudderoy
08-15-2013, 02:17 PM
can we choose a color for the shirt?

I'm sure the logo and the text will be the colors I assigned, as far as the color of the t-shirt itself, I don't know. We should know more when they campaign goes active and orders are able to be made.

reddragon72
08-15-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm sure the logo and the text will be the colors I assigned, as far as the color of the t-shirt itself, I don't know. We should know more when they campaign goes active and orders are able to be made.

Sounds good because I'm not digging the black, especially in the summer and wheeling.

Mudderoy
08-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Sounds good because I'm not digging the black, especially in the summer and wheeling.

I'm with you. I don't like black shirts, I scratch my head too much to wear black! :D

The overwhelming majority on here wanted black though.

EekGirl96
08-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Hope they come in a size XS :D

I'll definately order one!!!

(any word on tank tops?)

SeniorGustas
08-15-2013, 03:19 PM
bro tanks

XJ Wheeler
08-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Do it! Its tough for me to spend $30 on anything but my jeep, but i may get 2 of these. One for sure though.

Can you put a pic of a nice XJ on the back though? Nobody, in all my searching, has put a nice XJ on a shirt and made it look good. There's Wrangler shirts galore but i want XJ! Yours (Tony) would do. Its already a symbol of the site.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Mudderoy
08-15-2013, 04:14 PM

(any word on tank tops?)

Gildan Ultra Cotton T-shirt
Sizes: YXS - 4XL

t-shirt only, black.

EekGirl96
08-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Gildan Ultra Cotton T-shirt
Sizes: YXS - 4XL

t-shirt only, black.

Sounds good to me, means I can wear it to work lol ;)

Infidel Edition
08-15-2013, 07:43 PM
I want 1

XjJeepacorn
08-15-2013, 10:10 PM

(any word on tank tops?)

I just posted in the sticker thread my idea :)

XjJeepacorn
08-15-2013, 10:11 PM
There are a couple other ladies on her I can talk to about it, Idk about setting up our own tank top one but guys might like the A shirt style one too and I like black because I don't do so good with white lol!

XjJeepacorn
08-15-2013, 10:15 PM
I was saying I would like my screen name printed on that but with that in mind we could just get generic ones made and add our names our selfs later (if that is what we would like to do) then again maybe it would be too much competition and it would split the vote (like Canadian politics and the only reason Harper is in office!) and then no one gets what they want, either way I'll take what I can get and figure out tank tops later.

4.3LXJ
08-15-2013, 10:33 PM
If it came down to having a tank available, I wold go for one at least. Tanks are what I wear wheeling or general wear when it's hot. And the Jeep always gets warm inside when crawling

Mudderoy
08-15-2013, 11:56 PM
I was saying I would like my screen name printed on that but with that in mind we could just get generic ones made and add our names our selfs later (if that is what we would like to do) then again maybe it would be too much competition and it would split the vote (like Canadian politics and the only reason Harper is in office!) and then no one gets what they want, either way I'll take what I can get and figure out tank tops later.

Yeah username on there would be cool.

ArmyGuy45
08-16-2013, 02:09 AM
If it came down to having a tank available, I wold go for one at least. Tanks are what I wear wheeling or general wear when it's hot. And the Jeep always gets warm inside when crawling

No A/C?

4.3LXJ
08-16-2013, 03:33 AM
Oh yes, AC works well. But when I am crawlin I like to be able to stick my head out the window. I keep banging it on the glass with the air on. :D

Infidel Edition
08-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Oh yes, AC works well. But when I am crawlin I like to be able to stick my head out the window. I keep banging it on the glass with the air on. :D

:keegirl:

Brasscatz
08-18-2013, 09:54 PM
I was smart about this.... I waited until the wife wanted to spend money on something silly (like pre-ordering a bagpipe Christmas CD and helping fund them for $40) before saying "Ok, and I'd like to support xjTalk with a $30 contribution and I get a t-shirt out of it!"

It worked :D lol

XJ Wheeler
08-18-2013, 10:24 PM
I was smart about this.... I waited until the wife wanted to spend money on something silly (like pre-ordering a bagpipe Christmas CD and helping fund them for $40) before saying "Ok, and I'd like to support xjTalk with a $30 contribution and I get a t-shirt out of it!"

It worked :D lol

That could become a special offer for a hat too for just a little more. (wink-wink)

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.