PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy

SeniorGustas
08-14-2013, 06:36 PM
3-4 inch lift upper and lower control arms, extended shackles coil spacers extended brake lines. If you have any PM me please we can work something out! trying to save a couple bucks. THANKS ALL!

NW99XJ
08-15-2013, 09:40 AM
3-4 inch lift upper and lower control arms, extended shackles coil spacers extended brake lines. If you have any PM me please we can work something out! trying to save a couple bucks. THANKS ALL!

Dude, Craigslist is your friend!
I have built SOOO much of my jeep using CL.....
Hell.... I BOUGHT THIS JEEP ON CRAIGSLIST! lol
My gas tank skid plate? FIVE BUCKS!
Bought my rear bumper, roof rack, performance chip and more ALL thru Craigslist. Saved a ton of cash too....you just have to be on it a few times a day, EVERY day.... and be ready to swoop up on something if/when it pops up.
I have missed out on, or been forced to pass up on deals for some things I really REALLY wanted or could have used....some times it's just not in the cards.
But I know for a fact that up in the Seattle area there is a huge XJ following.
I will frequently peruse the Seattle CL just to see if there's a deal worth drving 3 hours for..... or to torture myself and check out the stuff i'm missing out on.
Good luck! ~ and happy hunting!

SeniorGustas
08-15-2013, 10:25 AM
I am on craigslist everyday, doesnt seem to change much, at least not lift parts wise keep my eyes open! thanks for the advice. I was just checking to see if any XJtalk members had some of the smaller additions!

4.3LXJ
08-15-2013, 10:38 AM
While you are on Craigs list, remember that TJ and ZJ front suspension parts fit. You just have to subtract 2" of lift off of stated TJ numbers for an XJ. My son got a complete lift for his TJ for $200.

SeniorGustas
08-15-2013, 10:43 AM
6inch tj lift would be 4inch on a cherokee? if i understand that right? im assuming pucks would be the same. are shackles any different?

SeniorGustas
08-15-2013, 10:44 AM
or they have coils in the rear huh?

4.3LXJ
08-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Yes, coils in the rear. But yes, on the dimensions. If you come on a really good deal on that stuff, then you have to factor in that you will only use half of it.

SeniorGustas
08-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Are brake lines from cherokee to wrangler the same? and length wise? or do i still subtract 2 inchs?

4.3LXJ
08-15-2013, 11:24 AM
I believe the brake lines you want are for a YJ in the rear. You can probably just lower your front brake line mounts a little and be fine

SeniorGustas
08-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Is there a kit for that? or is there a way to do it for free?

4.3LXJ
08-15-2013, 11:43 AM
The fronts are free to do. Just remove the bolt, drill a couple of new holes, straighten the hard line a little and insert the self tapping bolt that came out. As free as it gets.

NW99XJ
08-15-2013, 11:55 AM
..... You just have to subtract 2" of lift off of stated TJ numbers for an XJ.
Hmmm.... I'm running 6" TJ coils up front And I'm sitting about 5" or so above stock.

SeniorGustas
08-15-2013, 12:09 PM
shoot. im looking to sit at about 4 inchs. i dont think my roughcountry coils are actually 3inchs of lift.. are blocks in the back a bad idea? only 1 inch and i do light wheeling mud pits and some bumpy hill climbs. mostly for hunting and camping.

4.3LXJ
08-15-2013, 01:01 PM
One inch blocks are doable. But don't go any higher.