PDA

View Full Version : Drivers door unlock

Sweep88
08-12-2013, 05:52 PM
I have a 98 Cherokee with a drivers door opening problem. It always acts like its locked and have to pull the latch from the rear door behind to open it.
When I hit the unlock button from the keys, I can hear the servos move in all the other doors but not the drivers. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks in advance my brothers Jeepers.:beer:

Mudderoy
08-13-2013, 10:54 AM
I have a 98 Cherokee with a drivers door opening problem. It always acts like its locked and have to pull the latch from the rear door behind to open it.
When I hit the unlock button from the keys, I can hear the servos move in all the other doors but not the drivers. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks in advance my brothers Jeepers.:beer:

So far I have replaced two of my electric locks on the 98 and two (or 3) on the 99. Easy to replace, but they are between $90 and $140 depending on which one it is.

Brasscatz
08-13-2013, 11:17 AM
If you are certain that the door is unlocked but it still won't open from the outside, it seems that something with the exterior handle is either broken or disconnected. Might try popping the door panel off and having a look at the mechanism as somebody works the exterior button/handle.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it